• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jfood

Private
38 Badges
Apr 5, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Bought the game a few weeks back, finally figuring out a lot of the mechanics and I'm stuck on one point, educating wards. When I assign one to be educated by someone in my court or one of my vassals I'll get the choice the AI defaults to regardless of who I assign said ward to. As an example: I assign Chuck to be educated by Diplomania, my Diplomat with a relatively high score in the correct stat. This will last for a few days, then his guardianship will be returned to the default AI choice no matter what I do. Is this intentional? Is there something I'm missing? Even when I have to ask permission and wait for a reply my choice will be negated only a few days later.

Same culture, same religion and I'm the guddamn High Chief... why isn't this working the way I want it to? Not sure if it's actually a bug, I may just be missing some opaque mechanic or stat check. Anyone else experience this? Had a look in the bug forum but couldn't see a post title that reflected the issue I'm having.

This is a known bug that has been mentioned more than once on the forum, so I would've assumed it'd already be posted in the bug report forum... but hey, if you can't find an existing report, go post one.

This is a known bug that has been mentioned more than once on the forum, so I would've assumed it'd already be posted in the bug report forum... but hey, if you can't find an existing report, go post one.

Is there anything in particular that causes it to happen? Certain cultures, using the ruler designer, luck of the draw?

Kinda messing up my medieval eugenics program.

I would guess its the old "educate your daughters automatically" command (which, IIRC, was introduced to cut down the hassle of assigning people to educate your numerous daughters as an Islamic ruler) gone berserk and applying to every child other than your firstborn son (in my games at least), regardless of religion or culture. So far, touch wood, my succession has been through sons; I have been able to educate the heir (myself) successfully. I don't know what will happen if my ruler has only daughters.