• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

grathad

Recruit
90 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Hi everybody, I have a question regarding the great schism.
I play ERE, and I got all 5 pentarchy sites, in order to press the mend the schism event.
2014-04-07_00001.jpg

The problem is related to the Rome county. I declared on the pope, got its land, but when the war was over, Only the churches were captured. Is that a bug ? Is it intended ?
28AQcXjS

Thus I would like to declare war to the baronies inside of the county, but I can't they need to be independent ...
n3rwM86y

And I can't declare on the Pope neither. I don't know exactly why, I guess it is because he is landless now. So his vassals are pretty much invincible :s
MX2irC4R

I will try to get the whole Latium Duchy to see if it changes anything.
At last resort I will grant independance to the area and try to reconquer it, but I doubt it would work.
Any ideas before I try something odd, or file a bug ?

Thanks.

Dude, there's a post just a few away from yours with the same question, plus a quick search of Rome or Schism would have given you several threads all with a work around in them.

Sorry if I come across as belligerent but, there's been a plague of these threads.

Hi WarwolfOmega, you are right, I am sorry, I checked a month ago and waited to post. I should have rechecked again. You are right, there is no need to duplicate threads, especially when the search is so easy.
Panzershiffe : thanks for the link ^^

I started a thread on this as well. Lots of us who are left hanging because of this one. I'm playing an ironman game where I'm stuck for the exact same reason. This, as someone pointed out, will of course hinder a restoration of the roman empire.

Try and land the pope if you are in Ironman, it could be quite awkward to pull off, but once you do you'll then be able to take each barony individually. I'm really not sure what causes it as it didn't happen to me on the two times I've taken Rome off of the pope...

Try and land the pope if you are in Ironman, it could be quite awkward to pull off, but once you do you'll then be able to take each barony individually. I'm really not sure what causes it as it didn't happen to me on the two times I've taken Rome off of the pope...

This was discussed in an earlier thread. This requires moving your capital to a catholic province and using the intrigue-tab decision to convert. You can then land the pope, and...then what? Enjoy all the religion-related uprisings until your character dies so you can move your capital again? ;)

You also need 2000 pity!!!!!!!! which you clearly don't have (very first condition on first screenshot)

This was discussed in an earlier thread. This requires moving your capital to a catholic province and using the intrigue-tab decision to convert. You can then land the pope, and...then what? Enjoy all the religion-related uprisings until your character dies so you can move your capital again? ;)

Can't you move right back to Constantinople because that is the "traditional capital" of the Byzantine Empire? And, hence, convert straight back to Orthodoxy. Even if that doesn't work, surely, as the ERE, your (still-Orthodox) chaplain is quite high stat and can speedily convert your current province?

Sorry, I feel like an ash, I shouldn't have been so rude. Here's the work around that works for me:

In my experience, you get the bishophics but the cities and castles remain vassals of the Pope who is now landless and therefore cannot be declared war on.

In the 867 start, Tusculum (one of the castles in Rome) is sworn to Italy, the other, Tivoli is sworn to the Pope. The workaround I use is to assassinate the baron of Tivoli and all his heirs until the Pope inherits Tivoli. BEFORE unpausing the game after that last assassination, you can declare war on the newly landed Pope. Claim the any and all cities before you go for the claim on Tivoli because the cities are always inherited by a random new mayor.

I hope they fix it soon, it's annoying as heck!