• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mcganyol

Captain
27 Badges
Sep 3, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
ohh yeah. a new day, a new exploit in aod.

Trades are supposed to get suspended [turning red on trade user interface] if either of the involved parties lack the daily amount required for the trade.
Money - apart from all other resources - can be in the negative values.

It turned out recently in our multiplayer that in case of land trading the $ trade is suspended if the AI lacks the daily amount of money required for the trade but in case of oversea trades the AI can be forced to trade away any amount of money and being in the negative value doesn't prevent that.

Test case: set up cyprus as a puppet, set up a trade receiving 100$ per day from it. [how you set that up is greatly irrelevant, editing the save seems to be the easiest way] the trade can be kept up forever, forcing cyprus to go to the negative values to the extremes.

Suggested solution: what works perfectly in case of land trades should be checked in case of naval trades too [if both parties have the required amount of resources for the trade]

Issues remains for further testing:
1, I didn't test it but i wonder if an ai is having negative money surplus what would happen with the annexation of the country? will the annexer receive the negative amount as a "reward"?
2, I didn't test it but i wonder if any other kind of raw material trade would be still functional despite the sender doesnt have the required amount [if it is possible to ask 100oil per day indefinitely from Cyprus]

Upvote 0
The bug is well known to me. Easy testing is done via playing cuba.

1, I didn't test it but i wonder if an ai is having negative money surplus what would happen with the annexation of the country? will the annexer receive the negative amount as a "reward"?

The annexing nation inherits all resources. This includes negative money.

2, I didn't test it but i wonder if any other kind of raw material trade would be still functional despite the sender doesnt have the required amount [if it is possible to ask 100oil per day indefinitely from Cyprus]

I doubt it works for anything but money. I suspect it isn't even a bug. It seems too selective to not be intended.

i spent the time to test the issue further. any resource can be traded infinitely oversea regardless the sender is having any or not.
i edited my save game, cyprus was giving me 5.000 oil per day via trade. it run without any problems indefinitely and i received the 5000 oil every day. when loaded up as cyprus oc it was having 0 oil.

it is clearly not intended and not even a marginal bug. this affects many of the games, even if the players unaware the fact that they utilized an exploit [example: buying rares from netherlands. If netherlands got overrun both in europe and dei, she will keep selling rares to oversea partners regardless if she has any stockpile left or not]

Issues remains for further testing:
Is this only affects the AI or human played country too can send oversea any resources which doesn't even exists?

Last edited:
it is going even further not only the ai is affected by it, it is a general exploit.

So in our multiplayer with germany italy and japan are both human controlled we can easily set up the following:
-ger asks for 100 oil from japan
-ita gives 5000 oil to japan via "open negotiations", just the day before the "new" trade is possible
-that will give japan a daily surplus temporary and ger will be able to ask for another 100 oil
-this circle can be continued until germany receives 5000 oil per day from japan. [after that point i see no in-game solution to keep japan oil reserve in the positive unless he open negotiations with another country too]
-once the "desired" amount of oil trade is set, then without any further interaction on users part, japan will stay constantly on 0 oil and germany will conjure 5000 oil per day from the void

Last edited:
@Zsar1 . Forgot about this one.

When trading on land, nations (rightly) cannot trade in a deficit. I.e. Germany & the USSR set up a trade, $5 for 15 rare materials. Should Germany have less then $5 stockpiled - or the USSR less then 15 rare materials, this trade is put on hold until both nations have sufficient stockpiles.

However the same does not apply for nations trading overseas. I.e. Germany & the USA set up the same trade. Even if the USA has 0 rare materials, Germany will still receive the 15 rare materials. This applies to all nations trading overseas and affects all resources.