• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once the Lada appears, you'll be fine! :p

Good job on nearly finishing up the borders. God knows that your Europe needs some nice looking nations. Maybe the Soviets can go on a pleasant borders campaign in name of Bolshevism or something?
I do enjoy good looking borders :)

interesting AAR, i look forward to seeing more.
Excellent update! Glory to the USSR! :D
Thanks for the interest, should see a lot of action in the next update!

bnd9.jpg

Gathering the Lost​

The Manchurian Candidate

While the Red Navy was by no means a dominant or even a regional naval power, for economic and trade reasons the USSR wanted more naval bases on the Pacific Coast. The Soviet Union had grown in economic and military power and their foreign policy shifted to a more aggressive stance as a result.

In an attempt to intimidate Manchuria, two corps were deployed to the Far East. While publicly the move was said to be for the defense of the region, unofficially this would be the vanguard of an invasion force.

Unfortunately for the Soviet Union relations with Manchuria deteriorated quickly and a state of war existed between the two powers. The 60,000 Soviet soldiers in the region would have to win the war themselves.

Early in the year 1905 the Soviets invaded Manzhouli in hopes of winning a decisive victory against the Manchurian troops stationed on the border. The enemy reinforced their position with nearly 100,000 men. Still the Union was able to win the battle thanks to a coordinated infantry and artillery attack.

8z5nn.jpg

The Red Army strategy shifted while they awaited reinforcements to defend Soviet installations in the immediate area. At the Battles of Yaksa and Chernomin the Red Army ended any hope of Manchuria invading the USSR.

x1y0.jpg

82dna.jpg

Delays forced the USSR to ask for assistance from its great power ally, China. China entered the war and quickly overrun Manchuria forcing them to accept the Soviet’s peace terms.

xi3s.jpg

The Bell Tolls in Poland

The USSR desperately wanted to bring Poland back into the fold. The problem was they were protected by Germany, which commanded the world’s foremost army. Germany was undoubtedly a threat. The USSR hoped to gain some lost territory back and deal a fatal blow to the German Armies' aura of invincibility. The Red Army had been far from ideal since its birth. Massive amounts of troops were recruited and given modern training and equipment. By November of 1909 the Red Army had swollen to 300 brigades. The full might of the Red Army's 900,000 soldiers would be used to smash Germany into submission.

The problem was a massive war was coming soon and the Red Army's marshals were deeply divided on a battle plan. The two camps were basically divided between an attack posture and a defensive one. Marshall Chibisov was strongly in favor of launching several coordinated precession strikes against the German field armies while keeping them separated. It would require speed and a quick invasion of Germany. The amount of coordination required would push the Red Army officers to their limits.

Marshal Zavoyko respected the might and speed of the German armies and wished to remain in friendly territory until they could be destroyed. His plan was to mass the Red Army around Minsk and mobilize the reserves. The Red Army reserves were more than formidable, consisting of 707 brigades. With the Zavoyko plan an army of over 3,000,000 million soldiers would be used to defend the Motherland.

hb79.jpg

As always, thanks for reading!

Russia should know, all they need to do is retreat until their opponent overextends, then counterattack with overwhelming amounts of meatbags. Works every time. Scorch away comrades.

Go historically! Cut Poland off their East Territories and give them a compensation in Germany. Making Poland a satellite or even a SSR of course.

Ah yes, it seems things are going very nicely for the Kremlin. Not that one would ever expect otherwise from a good, communistic nation such as the USSR...

How long will it be now until you conquer all of Eastern Europe? I give you twenty years. :p

Solid work in the east, but I fear there is still a considerable technological gap between you and the Germans. Still, the USSR cannot claim to be a true world power while Poland remains independent!

For the Motherland!
We will triumph!

Russia should know, all they need to do is retreat until their opponent overextends, then counterattack with overwhelming amounts of meatbags. Works every time. Scorch away comrades.
The USSR does have the luxury of trading land for time.

Go historically! Cut Poland off their East Territories and give them a compensation in Germany. Making Poland a satellite or even a SSR of course.
Not a bad idea!

Ah yes, it seems things are going very nicely for the Kremlin. Not that one would ever expect otherwise from a good, communistic nation such as the USSR...

How long will it be now until you conquer all of Eastern Europe? I give you twenty years. :p
Indeed all will go well at the front because the commissar says so :). We'll have to see how match land the USSR can grab. I'm hesitant to go past the infamy limit since my last AAR :D.

Solid work in the east, but I fear there is still a considerable technological gap between you and the Germans. Still, the USSR cannot claim to be a true world power while Poland remains independent!
Germany will enjoy a technological edge hopefully over 1,000,000 men at war will be able to offset their advantage.

My oh my, If I was your neighbour I'd be cowering in front of that steamroller. Looking forward to seeing it unleashed
The sheer size of the Red Army should be able to grind down the capitalists dogs.

I'm hesitant to go past the infamy limit since my last AAR :D.

Seeing as the rebels likely won't be communist, I'm more than happy for you to flout the infamy limit as often as you desire. :p

Nice AAR Comrade, I look forward to you bringing communism to the decadent West.

Will you maintain your sphere or let them fall out so you can bring communism to each?

Seeing as the rebels likely won't be communist, I'm more than happy for you to flout the infamy limit as often as you desire. :p
Ah I forgot they won't be communist! Perhaps I can afford to be more aggressive.

Nice AAR Comrade, I look forward to you bringing communism to the decadent West.

Will you maintain your sphere or let them fall out so you can bring communism to each?
Communism must be spread!

Mainly only building factories that produce armaments. Though I put a healthy amount of Liquor factories because my people want booze.

Weapons and vodka? Seems historical enough to me :p

You're doing a remarkable job, comrade. The Presidium will be intermittently checking your progress.

Weapons and vodka? Seems historical enough to me :p

You're doing a remarkable job, comrade. The Presidium will be intermittently checking your progress.
lol, thanks comrade! I will try not to anger the Politburo as it may prove to be unhealthy.

Destroy the capitalist and imperialist swines! Glory to the workers!

The workers are in charge in a Commie country? Preposterous thought!:p