• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
its possible to edit ironman savegames with the use of notepad++. alot of things you cant edit, but luckily, you can edit in claims. I dont know if this is of any help, but maybe if u have a claim to the baronies, you can dow?

its possible to edit ironman savegames with the use of notepad++. alot of things you cant edit, but luckily, you can edit in claims. I dont know if this is of any help, but maybe if u have a claim to the baronies, you can dow?

Problem isn't the lack of claims, you always have claims on the holdings if you own the county, the problem is that the Pope is landless and therefore you don't have an option to declare war on him for your claims on his vassals.

This is quite annoying and as far as I can tell it isn't fixed by the current beta patch - I just checked. This is yet another ironman game that's been beset by bugs. Pretty please with sugar on top, Paradox, fix this!

What about an event chain that triggers if Rome is captured, where you can give a bishopric to the Pope in exchange for some gold and quite a bit of piety, thus ensuring that the Pope never remains landless?

Adding to the above, make sure you take the city first.

And good god, how many threads are there on this bug?

Seems like something they should fix right?

I was on EUIV for a while and went back to CKII since I hadn't restored Rome since the achievement were added. When I noticed this bug, I couldn't help but feel the Byz hating had translated from EUIV. I've just recently gotten the Basileus achievement which was crazily hard and gamey to get.

Why hate the purple?

Considering there is a DLC for mending the schism, you'd think that would be something to prioritize.

Seems like something they should fix right?

I was on EUIV for a while and went back to CKII since I hadn't restored Rome since the achievement were added. When I noticed this bug, I couldn't help but feel the Byz hating had translated from EUIV. I've just recently gotten the Basileus achievement which was crazily hard and gamey to get.

Why hate the purple?

Considering there is a DLC for mending the schism, you'd think that would be something to prioritize.

TBH the memory leak, the Special Units tactics (Grey Wall for everyone) and others are bigger bugs, plus this one has a work around, granted it's tedious and annoying but, it's a work around. The other bugs don't have that, at least not for Ironman.

Bugger all, I'm just going to go and play EU3 now. Paradox, for the love of your many Byzantophiles do patch this..

Well to be honest, Byzantinophile or not, I would be equally pissed if an important flavors decision such as this was bugged for any other faction. It just hits my immersion :( and added payable content to boot (like now GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

This is quite annoying and as far as I can tell it isn't fixed by the current beta patch - I just checked. This is yet another ironman game that's been beset by bugs. Pretty please with sugar on top, Paradox, fix this!

What about an event chain that triggers if Rome is captured, where you can give a bishopric to the Pope in exchange for some gold and quite a bit of piety, thus ensuring that the Pope never remains landless?

When you conquer a county, you supposedly conquer all holdings regardless of allegiance. Wether that castle is under Italian rule and that city under a vassal I don't care. I would either evict them or keep them under my own iron fist. Therefore you should be getting those two options in a situation like this.