• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

haaf

de l'Omancha
96 Badges
Dec 13, 2001
  • Victoria 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
Not sure what I am missing, I've checked autosaves, but those are set to annually, in fact autosaves don't seem to influence this behaviour at all.

I've been pestered with the little hourglass symbol every 15 seconds in the game. The freeze lasts for about 8 seconds and then things continue as before. It's becoming highly annoying, somehow every time I have finished my plans of clicking on something, the game feels the need to let me wait for a while.

Like I said, I might be missing something elementary, in which case I humbly apologise.

Edit: it happens each 4th of the month... how can I stop this intrusion of my game experience. It's like an incessant rude awakening from a very nice dream.

Yes they do and yes it was my first attempt at Iron man-mode.
Phew, so all I have to do is play it 'normally'? Thank you, I didn't realise how intrusive Iron man-mode was to playing this game.

Yes they do and yes it was my first attempt at Iron man-mode.
Phew, so all I have to do is play it 'normally'? Thank you, I didn't realise how intrusive Iron man-mode was to playing this game.
Ironman exists to stop save scumming for players that want achievements and players that can't stop save scumming in normal mode. Other than the constant autosaves there is no difference. If your computer can't handle Ironman, you lose little by not using it.

The computer is getting on a bit, although I am a little surprised that running in Iron man-mode had such an impact on the game. It's running smoothly the rest of the time.
Time to turn my back to my fledgling Serbian Kingdom and try for pastures anew, but without Iron man-mode holding my hands behind my back to prevent me altering game files. (People really have that little self-constraint?...never mind, I already know the answer.)

I'm just glad and relieved that it was something as simple as choosing a game mode.

Ironman exists to stop save scumming for players that want achievements and players that can't stop save scumming in normal mode. Other than the constant autosaves there is no difference. If your computer can't handle Ironman, you lose little by not using it.
You can still unlock all achievements by using one simple program... ironman is just as bad, as can be... There should be save one per year, with saving when players is quiting the game.

You can still unlock all achievements by using one simple program... ironman is just as bad, as can be... There should be save one per year, with saving when players is quiting the game.
I doubt many are ready to use third party programs to unlock achievements. I don't think there's enough of them to even make a dent in the global achievement statistics. Maybe 0.1% or something.

Vast majority, vast, wants to get achievements through legit means myself included, and I have absolutely zero issue with Ironman as it is. After the cloud saving was fixed it's pretty smooth for me, takes about 1 second to save, I can deal with it. Monthly autosaves prevent save scumming by alternate means. For example getting a Runtime error closing the game lets you skip the last autosave, I don't say people would deliberately cause Runtime errors but I'm sure there's better tricks to avoid it. If autosaves were once a year it would give a big window for you to cheat.

You've got my vote, I used to save every 5 years. Make a bad decision, live with it, the game lasts 600 years for crying out loud. You are not supposed to accomplish everything in the first generation.

I doubt many are ready to use third party programs to unlock achievements. I don't think there's enough of them to even make a dent in the global achievement statistics. Maybe 0.1% or something.

Vast majority, vast, wants to get achievements through legit means myself included, and I have absolutely zero issue with Ironman as it is. After the cloud saving was fixed it's pretty smooth for me, takes about 1 second to save, I can deal with it. Monthly autosaves prevent save scumming by alternate means. For example getting a Runtime error closing the game lets you skip the last autosave, I don't say people would deliberately cause Runtime errors but I'm sure there's better tricks to avoid it. If autosaves were once a year it would give a big window for you to cheat.
Erm, but if you're save scumming at ironman... you're still not getting it in legit way. So it's the same, as using some programs to unlock all of them... no difference, but if autosave would be yearly, a bigger % as hell of players could gain achievements at all! :(