• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I can understand how playtesters missed a bug with revolts (well, really I can't because India is a catch for this DLC, so testers had to create Empire of India just one time at least). When I write "had" here I mean it was their duty.
I can understand how playtesters missed a bug with marriages when a ruler is a child. It's not so easy to me - to understand how can you skip this, but it's possible.
But how testers (all of them) can skip a bug with a reformation button? It's an interface detail, testers should just to check interface to be non-broken!

I was pumped to play RoI and wanted it to come out asap.

Now i thoroughly understand the meaning of properly waiting before release...and will never say those words again...

I'd rather they have waited 2 weeks or even a month to iron out the bugs. It seems they didn't playtest longer than 30 mins.

>Indians, half broken with revolt risk and other factors.
>Muslims, broken decadence mechanic (good idea though).
>Pagans, definantly broken.
>Christians, not played them yet so can't say...
>Random game mechanics applying to everyone...broken...
>Annoying changed game mechanics such as the insistence of the liege lord to educate all your kids...and a myriad of others such as not being able to marry courtiers or assign education when your still a child...
>etc etc.

I can only hope a patch comes out soon...but then I wonder...will they playtest the patch?

I fear not.

P.S
I'm not playing at the moment for the simple fact that the game is broken imo

I can only hope a patch comes out soon...but then I wonder...will they playtest the patch?

I fear not.
You know I hope they hadn't test a DLC. Because if they had it shows quality of QA team, and this quality is scary.

But how testers (all of them) can skip a bug with a reformation button? It's an interface detail, testers should just to check interface to be non-broken!

As has already been mentioned, the dlc and patch accommodated changes to Christians, muslims, and the new indian faiths. My major guess is no one tested the pagan faiths because no on changed the pagan faiths. I think the missing reform button was just as big a surprise for them as it was for us.

As has already been mentioned, the dlc and patch accommodated changes to Christians, muslims, and the new indian faiths. My major guess is no one tested the pagan faiths because no on changed the pagan faiths. I think the missing reform button was just as big a surprise for them as it was for us.
It's very bad. Very-very bad. When I worked tester, QA department loses premium for such cases.
Just because there are some rules, and one of them is full interface check. If something even affects religious screen at all (and it was), it should be checked. And it's just a couple of minutes - just to load a game for a pagan and open a screen.
So it's not "they hadn't playtested the DLC" idea is worrying me, but "they HAD playtested it and skip all this bugs". I better hope that DLC was made in great hurry so QA had it (the last version) for a couple of hours for the best.

Last edited:
It's very bad. Very-very bad. When I worked tester, QA department loses premium for such cases.
Just because there is some rules, and one of them is full interface check. If something even affects religious screen at all (and it was), it should be checked. And it's just a couple of minutes - just to load a game for pagan and open a screen.
So it's not "they hadn't playtested the DLC" idea is worrying me, but "they HAD playtested it and skip all this bugs". I better hope that DLC was made in great hurry so QA had it (the last version) for a couple of hours for the best.

Fair enough. I take your point.

>Annoying changed game mechanics such as the insistence of the liege lord to educate all your kids...and a myriad of others such as not being able to marry courtiers or assign education when your still a child...

Haven't heard of this one yet. What happens if you refuse, does he just ask over and over again?

Honestly, I don't understand all the rage. Seriously. Are there problems? Sure. Should some of them have been fixed before release? Ideally yes, but surprise surprise mistakes were made and things were overlooked. Sounds like everything else in existence.

There's nothing in the latest patch that I've found to render the game utterly unplayable. Maybe I'm one of the fortunate ones. Or maybe some folks are fickle. Maybe both.

Look, the religious unrest thing sucks. But I've only found it in very specific circumstances, and from what I've seen there are easy fixes for it that you can do yourself. Should you have to? No, but then again you're the one who is so bothered by it to call the patch a "total fail", so it sounds like something you might want to look into. Again, you shouldn't have to, but at this moment, this is the reality. You can fix it (I think; from what I've read it's in the events folder), or you can sit, complain, and wait.

Alternatively, you can play one of the numerous other new powers and features, and thus completely avoid the religious unrest event until the hotfix.

While I get how you feel, the problems for many of us are quite severe, such as not being able to load saved games or random CTDs. I am glad you do not seem to be suffering from these problems, but for me, and apparently for plenty of others, the game is unplayable. If I could load a save game or be able to stay in one game for more than two decades, I'd just avoid India and play landlocked countries until the hotfix, butttt that isn't an option till then.

Right now Im getting really tired of adventurers because all the Indian kingdoms around me were taken over by them, and now they all have free doomstacks. Its sort of lame that they have to make the AI cheat to play against the player. What is this? Civ 5?

P.S. And I really hope that there is some penalties for testers or for managers who gave them too little time just now. But it's inner corporate policy so we don't know anything about it.

And what makes you think that since you weren't affected by "can't save" or "unable to make peace", that these would have shown up in playtest? Evidentally it isn't a bug that happens all the time, and is thus best described as "could not replicate", and thus unable to pass to be investigated.

If a significant number of people suffer from this problem after the DLC launch, then it can be, and is being, replicated.

Indian revolt risk - now this is one that really should have been caught since it /is/ in the focus area of the DLC...

Truth. The pagan one is more forgivable.

Truth. The pagan one is more forgivable.
Well, I can see a tester who won't count it as a bug.
There is a mechanic, he can tell, to create revolt risk if your moral authority is low enough. It is working - check. It's not unbearable (I created the Empire of India a day later release so I can agree - yes, it's bearable; nor funny, sensible or interesting but bearable) - check. Everything beyond it is a headache for game designers.
I can't name him as a good tester after that, and this is not how QA team should work. But it is possible.

I am so sick of these threads. I get it. The new content has bugs and annoys you. Why don't you post in one of the 15 threads that exist already complaining about instead of making this one.

You know the one I'm posting in now. The one with the hyperbolic title that betrays the OPs utter disconnection from how the gaming media he consumes is produced.

Of course they tested it. QA is an integrated part of the design process, and any game (or large DLC) has gone back and forth between designers, coders. And QA over a thousand times.

News flash. This is a very very expensive process and this--CK2--is a niche product. Meaning that of course they aren't going to tie up the QA team (and everyone else) for 2 years for ROI bankrupting PDI in the process so guys like you will be happy.

Games this small HAVE to rely on the community for a lot of the post release QA Either that, or you'd be lucky to get a game like CK2 vanilla 1.0, and then PDI ceases support and moves on to the next thing.

As for ROI does it have more issues than other DLC from PDI? Perhaps. It certainly is already better than industry standards, so file a bug report and stop complaining so much.

If you must complain, pick one of the multitude of "ROI sucks and is a buggy mess" threads instead of spamming PDIs forums.

Trust me. Everyone who plays CK2 and is enjoying ROI already knows how you feel... And how you know how to make and release games better than PDI does.

/rant

I am so sick of these threads. I get it. The new content has bugs and annoys you. Why don't you post in one of the 15 threads that exist already complaining about instead of making this one.

You know the one I'm posting in now. The one with the hyperbolic title that betrays the OPs utter disconnection from how the gaming media he consumes is produced.

Of course they tested it. QA is an integrated part of the design process, and any game (or large DLC) has gone back and forth between designers, coders. And QA over a thousand times.

News flash. This is a very very expensive process and this--CK2--is a niche product. Meaning that of course they aren't going to tie up the QA team (and everyone else) for 2 years for ROI bankrupting PDI in the process so guys like you will be happy.

Games this small HAVE to rely on the community for a lot of the post release QA Either that, or you'd be lucky to get a game like CK2 vanilla 1.0, and then PDI ceases support and moves on to the next thing.

As for ROI does it have more issues than other DLC from PDI? Perhaps. It certainly is already better than industry standards, so file a bug report and stop complaining so much.

If you must complain, pick one of the multitude of "ROI sucks and is a buggy mess" threads instead of spamming PDIs forums.

Trust me. Everyone who plays CK2 and is enjoying ROI already knows how you feel... And how you know how to make and release games better than PDI does.

/rant
I have my own QA experience for, let me count, eight years, and I'm game designer now.
Tell me something new about game testing.

f3ea.jpg

Or have you forgotten our words while in the Greenlands?

Haven't heard of this one yet. What happens if you refuse, does he just ask over and over again?

Not really. I've only seen them ask when your child is a different religion or culture than your liege so they want them brought up as (for example) "a proper Greek Orthodox". They ask once and then go away if you say no but get a moderate relation penalty.

Having been a PI customer for nearly a decade now, I've learnt to stay well away from PI products on release day. Sorry for everyone who got burned.

Companies who deal in sandbox games of vast scope -like Bethesda, Obsidian, Paradox and the like- often have this problem. The main problem with the sheer amount of possibilities in a game like this is... well... the sheer amount of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.