• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Schwabe

Corporal
10 Badges
Apr 6, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
Maybe one of the modders out there can help me with changing the "North German Federation" decision.

I would like the event to work the same as it now does, I just want to stay Prussia instead of changing to NGF.

Any help in how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Maybe one of the modders out there can help me with changing the "North German Federation" decision.

I would like the event to work the same as it now does, I just want to stay Prussia instead of changing to NGF.

Any help in how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

In ./decisions/NationalUnification.txt, there is a decision block "Form the North German Confederation", which contains these two lines under effects={..}:
add_core="NGF"
change_tag="NGF"

If you change those two tags to "PRU", then you'll remain Prussia. Ideally, you'll want to construct a micromod with its own folder, to avoid changing your base checksum.

Or at least copy whole Vicky 2 folder before modding, and rename it to "vicky 2 vanilla" if you want to play multi.

Thanks for the help, I will try if it works.

My checksum is already changed because I made a few small cosmetic changes to some files (e.g. changed the region compostion of east and west prussia to be roughly identical to the historic prussian provinces), but thanks for the advice. As i never play multiplayer games this is no problem.

Hello everyone,

i now tried the suggestion made by Icendoan but it doesn't work. The NGF decision doesn't disappear (which makes sense as i'm still Prussia), but the strangest thing was, that the somehow after i enacted the decision, it was automatically enacted every second or so (with the pop-up window always appearing as well as getting the prestige bonus). The strangest thing was, that everytime between the individual decisions which enacted themself, for a few milliseconds the AI took over my country and started building things.

If i'm right, i have to add a country_modifier if i use the decision. Is there anything more to this than adding it to the decision?

I think removing the change_tag from the decision might help. I mean you're already Prussia.

So changing this:

Code:
any_owned = {
				limit = {
					is_core = GER
				}
				add_core = NGF
			}			
			change_tag = NGF

to this:

Code:
any_owned = {
				limit = {
					is_core = GER
				}
				add_core = PRU
			}

Another thing you could do is this:
Code:
any_owned = {
	limit = {
		is_core = GER
		NOT = { is_core = PRU }
	}
	add_core = NGF
}			
release = NGF
create_vassal = NGF
This might give some interesting results...