Hearts of Iron IV - Dev Diary 3 - Bringing WWII to the mainstream

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Horse Armour DLC will only be available in T-34 form? Sigh, the casualisation and mainstreamisation of Paradox games continues . . .

This is hilarious, thank you guys for keeping it light in a forum that sometimes needs it.

That one was far to obvious:

In order to ensure players feel a genuine connection to their National Dog we are taking extensive motion-capture footage of all dogs to be modelled so that they move and react in a realistic fashion ingame.

As if Paradox would ever use motion capturing. :p

View attachment 105084

Next week we'll talk about our DLC policy, but as a sneakpeak I can reveal that we noted the outcry after the previous diary revealed that Horses will not be tracked in HoI IV. While this initially surprised us, and we don't think it's for everyone, we are committed to listening to our fans, and so we are proud to announce that the HoI IV Horse Armour DLC will be available on release day:

You call that Horse Armour?

THIS is Horse Armour
49357__safe_fluttershy_wallpaper_tank+(vehicle)_artist-colon-foxi-dash-5_mammoth+tank.jpg

I'm looking forward to the horse DLC,

Your opponents are laughing at your cavalry charge
>> Surprise
>> for 24 hours, +100% HA and SA attack, and +25% supplies (horse meat is nutritious)

The Horse Armour DLC will only be available in T-34 form? Sigh, the casualisation and mainstreamisation of Paradox games continues . . .

Well, it's right in the title!

You call that Horse Armour?

THIS is Horse Armour
View attachment 105090

Your horse is not tracked, it is just in a tank! Our metrics show many fans deeply care about horses being tracked, and so we came up with a solution.

While the feature will be fully moddable in regards to stats and effects, it is likely beyond most modder ability to mo-cap their own dog animations.

Well, they got an actor to mo-cap Gollum, so it's not too much of a stretch.
I think simulating the tail would be hard though, maybe that could be added in Post-production?

Wheeee!