• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

freeaxle

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
May 7, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
So I was wondering whether pops will ever emigrate from colonies to your states and if the do, what conditions are required for this to happen. Basically, I want to know whether having a heap of Chinese colonies for example, can help my industrialisation by siphoning off some of those pops to the industrial states.

There's no migration from colonies so the chinese pops will stay in China.

You can aim at pops from your home states to migrate to your colonies and become bureaucrats, allowing you to grant them statehood but chinese states are so populated you'll never get to 1% of your home pops.
It can be done in African colonies, grant statehood and the pops will flow.

AFAIR, it's possible to get some people migrated from colonies to your states, but it's a small percentage and it requires very bad situation in colonies (very high unemployment and little needs satisfied) which will quickly lead to high militancy and starvation. I can't think of the situation when doing this would be practical. For the purpose of industrialization it's better to convert some Chinese colonies into the states and build industry there.