• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
It's a silly question, but I just wonder if I'm being efficient in my use of surface ships for coastal bombardment. Is it as simple as the shore bombardment value is the combat bonus you'll see in a land battle? I.e. will a surface ship with 14 shore bombardment will led to a -14 penalty to the enemy units being bombarded?

P.s. I know there's the arbitrary cap of -25 for the shore bombardment bonus.

I don't have a fresh example at hand but, recalling from memory, I'd say that it is definitely not so, Mr_B0narpte.

I remember that recently I had one battle where the enemy was making use of naval artillery to hinder my troops and the malus I had was something like 3.14%, i.e. it was not even a integer.

For the complete technical explanation I think we'll just have to wait for Pang to tell us...

Code:
# Combat Modifier: Shore Bombardment Multiplier (Applies to the SB value of ships for org damage)
# Shore Bombardment cap

This is from db\misc.txt. I would assume that you get 0.2% malus for every point shore bombardement a fleet has. Having more than 125 SB in a fleet is of no good. Is there any indication that is not as simply as it seems?

I confirm that I have not reached any upper limit for amount of shore bombardment one might assemble (what you'll see in the battle result). Never had as high as 125 yet but close to that. Most reasonable that greater gives no benefit.