• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Suryc

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Nov 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
So, I don't completely understand what just happened. I'm the Byzantine Emperor and I've always loved the free revoking of duchies. First background
I'm the Emperor and have 3 sons, one of which was born before I became Emperor. My second son receives the devil's spawn event so I give the despot title to my first son. Then my devil spawn child kill my first son. I then save up a couple thousand in order to create some duchies to give out and to bribe people when necessary.
My emperor dies, I enter a regency with the devil spawn. I pause and proceed to revoke just about every existing duchy in my empire and I create new duchies when necessary. Only 4 or 5 dukes said that they would revolt. I pause every time I successfully revoke a duchy and make sure I give it out immediately. Now a couple days later the first person revolts, and somehow takes half the empire with her. Including counties that reside under duchies I had just revoked successfully that same day.
In the days afterward, every other Doux that refused to give up his duchy joined her rebellion, which I expected. I don't understand how she was able to take half the empire with her in the first day of the rebellion. Its not like it was a faction war

I had the same happen. I wanted to revoke a duchy, the guy refused and started a Tyranny War. At first, I thought I'd crush him in a matter of days. But a few days later, a big chunk of my empire joined him.

At first, I didn't understand. Then, I looked at the faction menu and I saw that an entire faction was gone.

So here's how it works if I'm correct : when a revolt starts, whatever the goal, every faction leader gets to choose whether to join the rebellion or not, with the entire faction behind him.

However, if you plot the revocation, then when the vassal declares war, it won't be counted as a revolt war and the faction thing won't happen. So it's safer to do it this way.