• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MaxxCombat

First Lieutenant
40 Badges
May 16, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines
Every time I play as germany, within 4 days of invading Denmark, and always before I can annex them or have enough war score to puppet them, Denmark surrenders and gets like a white peace, but I as Germany get military access. On regular darkest hour full and nwo2 mod this happens, no matter if it is a mod or not. How do I annex Denmark and get ic instead of annoying military access peace? Also annoying is that after a year when the nonaggression pact expires, if you attack again you get the same peace deal. So annoying

No, and you forget the worst : You can't close the canal. This is absolute bullcrap, I'm lucky that my ENG and SOV co-player agreed to act like if the canal is closed.

I haven't struck that problem in DH Full, Maxx, but I do remember ir from HoI2 (I think). Whatever game it was, the problem was generated by the invasion route. If I amphibiously invaded Copenhagen I got the White Peace, but if I went through Odense everything unfolded as desired. Maybe the reason I haven't struck it in DH is that this approach has become a habit with me.

Yeah in multiplayer we agree to treat it like it is my canal, but it is really annoying. Also, I always push up from Schleswig Holstein so I don't think that makes a difference. I tried attacking Copenhagen with para troopers because the moved their army and I still got a white peace with military access. I really wouldnt mind if I got like a permanent trade like they give me 10 supplies for nothing, and they block everyone else from using canal

Alrighty. Then my next guess would be the speed of conquest. I generally roll through Denmark in three or four days (including Iceland and Greenland) and force a peace. As I say I don't get the White Peace problem.

By the second day my tanks are usually just taking the province next to Copenhagen, and basically whenever I get the province next to the capital, they make me the offer that I can't refuse. Speed of attack doesn't matter; if I get held up the event will still happen, just a bit later. Is it an event? Usually with peaces it pops up as a message

I'm not the full bottle on events, but from what I read your issue shouldn't be arising. The governing event seems to be an old HoI2 one carried over, and it provides a 99% chance for the transfer of all of continental Denmark to Germany if Poland no longer exists and the Germans occupy Copenhagen any time between the start of 1936 and the end of 1963.

If those conditions apply in your game there must be another event floating round somewhere that short-circuits this given some other condition. If there is I haven't found it yet so you might want to hunt around yourself.