• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sciman112233

Private
31 Badges
Nov 1, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
So I've played a bunch of games since the patch and dlc release and hadn't noticed a difference in troops at all. Then I decided to test out India and the new mechanics. So far I have yet to win a single battle. I've gone into fights with 3000 more men than the opposing side and still lost. The enemy has never had a defensive or offensive advantage. In fact in multiple cases I had the advantage. Troop composition was nearly identically with me usually fielding more in each category. My leaders all had better military skill then the opposition. I don't know what's going on and I'm finding it nearly impossible to play when I can't even defend myself.

Have you checked what units both sides were wielding? I haven't actually played in India yet but maybe the AI had elephants and you didn't.

A higher Martial stat does NOT mean that you have better generals. Other traits, and especially battlefield traits, matter FAR more than Martial does, as long as it's not abyssmal (less than 8).

I know Indian religions get unit modifiers, going to check what they were.
EDIT: Hindus get 0.3 morale boost (30% more I believe)
And that really helps a lot, if you're a hindu.

Last edited:
I don't have a good read on it, yet.

In my Pala game, I have consistently won per normal expectation. I'm losing some battles in Zoro game that I would have expected to win, it feels off/different. But there is so much going on with terrain and other factors (like being rusty from not playing recently) that I cannot tell.

I was Hindu in my play through and I was taking advantage of traits that provided morale and terrain modifiers. As far as I can tell I held absolutely every advantage in most of these fights and still would lose to half my number. It's only happening in India though everywhere else is fine.

I was Hindu in my play through and I was taking advantage of traits that provided morale and terrain modifiers. As far as I can tell I held absolutely every advantage in most of these fights and still would lose to half my number. It's only happening in India though everywhere else is fine.

I agree I only see oddities in India.

I almost wonder if the jungle is messing up the troops.

Same here as well. I remember losing a battle with around 1900 and they only have 900 but I reckon its because of the terrain. Combat in India does feel a bit weird. I mean I am sustaining a lot of losses (than I normally expected) compared to the enemy and I got a great commander with that (I had Haesten of Nantes and some modifiers along with some good generals). It must have been the war elephants or there is something different about the jungle.

I lost 3 major wars against jainists NOT in jungle, while defending with better generals (they had 10s all across with no bonuses). In all wars I had 2:1 advantage

The 1st war I lost because I used 3 mercs with 2k horse archers and I noticed that the terrain gives like -25% to them ...
The 2nd war I lost because the backbone of my army was 8k pikemen ...
The 3rd war ... I am really lost ... Because I have no idea why I lost.

In the end I just saved enough money, got ALL the mercs and threw them at the AI so I can wither them down enough to win with regular levies + retinues.

Since at this point I had 25% win ratio I decided to screw the peace and literally holy warred them to death.

===================================

Strangely enough Hindu's I annihilated wit both terrain disadvantage and numbers (something like 3 to 4). Jainists were my downfall.