• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Katakakes

Major
30 Badges
Feb 5, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Every month without fail I have a peasant revolt. What the hell?

They're an annoyance if anything but every single month I'm getting a peasant revolt. They're not event religious, I'd understand that as half my country is Hindu, they're just peasants.

Every month without fail I have a peasant revolt. What the hell?

They're an annoyance if anything but every single month I'm getting a peasant revolt. They're not event religious, I'd understand that as half my country is Hindu, they're just peasants.
In my experience peasant revolts spawn mainly in provinces that have your religion, but not your culture. Theoretically, you'd minimize the revolts by spreading your culture to all your provinces.

I haven't played CK2 in nearly a year; mind sharing how I'd do that?

Provinces holder must be the same culture as you,
and that provinces must have neighbor with the provinces that also have culture you desire (and same culture as you, of course.),
and that provinces must have the same religion as you as well.

P.s. on the other hand, Indian religion group doesn't have negative revolt risk toward each other.

Not having had that much problem with peasant rebellions. But it was irritating when I tried to revolt against my liege for independence pretty early in the game, and suddenly an army of 1700 appears randomly out of peasants who side with my former liege and destroyed me. Yeah, that was unexpected...

Definitely just a bit too often. Just beat off an Irish liberation revolt and then not even a month later it respawns much to the detriment of the mercenary unit I still had the next province over (having planned on conquesting an unguarded OPM next door since I had the troops right there anyhow).

Muslim Turkic dynasty, conquered the whole of India. Peasant revolts, Hindu revolts, Jainist revolts and Buddhist revolts constantly. No exaggeration. It's literally impossible to put one down before the next two arise. fml ;___;

EDIT: For people who are meant to be pacifists, the Jain peasants sure are rowdy...:huh:

Managed to hold down Bana for god knows how long and I never expanded. By some marriage my heir was married to the maharaja (forgot the female title) of Bihar and she died an untimely death so I committed suicide so my son could inherit Bihar. Now I am assaulted by countless revolt after revolt and death cults taking over the temples. Worst part is troops are pretty hard to come by despite building some improvements and mercs cost a fortune and only give so little men. I feel like I am fighting over and over again for nothing.

Anyone know if there's a way of removing the unrest modifiers via the console or something? Really don't want to have to abandon this game yet - just united India, the Mongols arrive in ten years and should co-incide with the coming of age of my anti-christ demon-baby heir... It's just getting interesting :(

Look at the revolt map, 50% of indian provinces have 50% revolt risk, look at Europe you have maybe 2 provinces with 12% revolt... definitely a bug. I've been console imprisoning those peasants because having to kill little stack of peasants all over india every month is just not fun (at the end of the day I had 80 peasants in prison).