• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ZechsMerquise73

Field Marshal
80 Badges
Sep 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Rajas of India. How will the launch go? Will Steam release the game on time? Will Green Goblin Gamer have enough keys for everyone if Steam forgets to launch? Will you buy Russian Pro Football 2007 when its released instead? Will a new digital retailer be discovered in the process?

Yeah, how do you think it'll go?

If I remember correctly none of the past DLC releases have had the ticking clock, so I'm hoping this is a sign it will go as planned.

Though if I recall correctly the SoA release went pretty well.

People will complain about how the minor religious group/culture group/faction they champion didnt get the attention they were imagining so they flame the forums about favoritism/racism/intentional neglect on the part of Paradox.

I suspect there will be a few poorly scaled or unbalanced features; but nothing that won't be fixed in a week or two by hotfixes. I'm still cynical about the supposed optimization that will keep our performance the same though.

There will be one or two glaring bugs for sure, but we will faithfully serve as Paradox's reserve QA and they'll be hotfixed out in no-time. It's amazing to think how much better Paradox are at this type of thing than they used to be. I can't think of a company with a better relationship with it's playerbase and the patching process than Paradox right now.

I'm hoping with Steam intergration, I'll finally be able to play a multiplayer game with my boyfriend.

I just know I'll be falling into the trouble of "but who should I play as?" as I always do...

It's amazing to think how much better Paradox are at this type of thing than they used to be.
I seem to recall people saying it was worse than 4Chan. I think at one time I was among those shouting down Paradox's, at the time, notorious rush releases. I don't really recall, though, its been about five years.

I seem to recall people saying it was worse than 4Chan. I think at one time I was among those shouting down Paradox's, at the time, notorious rush releases. I don't really recall, though, its been about five years.

I'm not sure I quite follow, worse than 4chan? 4chan is an internet image board and not a video game developer :O.

They really turned a page regarding reliability with CKII, but more than that, it is the constant patching, friendly conversation with the community and the back and forth of ideas that is so commendable. IMO it is because of Paradox creating all the good will by being approachable and offering so much patching for free. There is a sense of goodwill here that you just don't get from any big company. I guess that is also part of Paradox being (technically) one of the biggest indies there is.

People will complain about how the minor religious group/culture group/faction they champion didnt get the attention they were imagining so they flame the forums about favoritism/racism/intentional neglect on the part of Paradox.
I'm pretty sure Paradox only said the Indian religious groups will be touched (all being new) as well as a small change to Muslims, so there isn't any real basis to complain about others,

I'd contrast this with SOA which claimed it was going to be overhauling all the Abrahamic religions but only really touched Catholicism.

I'm pretty sure Paradox only said the Indian religious groups will be touched (all being new) as well as a small change to Muslims, so there isn't any real basis to complain about others,

I'd contrast this with SOA which claimed it was going to be overhauling all the Abrahamic religions but only really touched Catholicism.
Don't forget the nestorians which will probably play like a less common miaphysitism. I can definitely see a lot of complaints about them and ibadies getting no love but to be fair they really are after thoughts to the patch. There'll probably be some complaints about jews again too since they rehauled east africa.

I bet people are going to be posting screenshots of Norse India and an Indian Holy Roman Emperor less than a week after the expansion comes out.

I bet people are going to be posting screenshots of Norse India and an Indian Holy Roman Emperor less than a week after the expansion comes out.

My plan is still to bring the world under the holy roman empire and convert to eu4

The world will grow 30% larger and I will conquer the world on behalf of the Greatest Nestorian Empire of Socotra

I'm betting on at least one or two major bugs that won't appear until you're farther into a game, but since I don't plan on buying the expansion until it goes on sale (and I've set my game not to patch) I'm trusting y'all to get the problems fixed by the time I upgrade. I figure any bugs that are found will be fixed within a couple of weeks.

Well it's finals time at university, so I'll get it in 2 weeks when hopefully any really unbalanced changes are patched / major bugs fixed and so I don't have to worry about wasting/valuably investing a whole night conquering India instead of studying. I'm betting on issues with AI blobbing into India or balance issues with the new 3 religions.

I bet people are going to be posting screenshots of Norse India and an Indian Holy Roman Emperor less than a day after the expansion comes out.

Fixed.

I am betting it will be a smooth Launch The last expansion went pretty smoothly so I am expecting that this one will too. Of course I have faith that if Paradox sees a bug or a issue they will do some hotfixes ETc. so pretty much better it will be a smooth launch.

Roman will finally have some boots in India.. it will be Glorious it will be Roman.. It will be epic... It will blow the minds of those in India way to see Roman boots and customs in their lands. Of course we have to fight the musims first.. Should be fun.. Who will reach India first and try to take it over.