• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But they do both at the same time... Without expansions you wouldn't have any patches anymore.
Sorry but are you saying that without us buyung dlc pardox will cease to be. No come on they have way more going on than just crusader kings. But if we keep buying dlc than they can say well hey but what about those new war elephants aren't they cool. The money that we have already invested into this game is what should pay for these more dated issues. Becuase I believe that if they don't than they will start to lose players who purchase everything.

i think we should stop this petition thingies, i down vote this and all other petitions except the improved mod-ability one.

i think we should stop this petition thingies, i down vote this and all other petitions except the improved mod-ability one.

That is no longer a petition, actually. ;)

And no, I don't hate petition threads. Lately there has been quite a bit of outcry about the game's depth not improving.

And though not everyone here has mentioned 'specific' issues and proposals, there are tons of them posted across this board. Perhaps some people don't feel like repeating themselves constantly.

I think the point of this thread, is that paradox simply needs to give us something with regard to improved game mechanics. I have posted very specifically about certain things that need to be changed in this game. I just don't feel like composing another huge post here.

Anyway, don't 'downvote' this thread just because certain people aren't being specific, or because it is simply 'another petition thread'. We just want our game to be changed for the better.

Sorry but are you saying that without us buyung dlc pardox will cease to be. No come on they have way more going on than just crusader kings. But if we keep buying dlc than they can say well hey but what about those new war elephants aren't they cool. The money that we have already invested into this game is what should pay for these more dated issues. Becuase I believe that if they don't than they will start to lose players who purchase everything.

Yes. But they wouldn't patch CK2 for more then two years without the DLCs. They would invest the money for more important stuff if CK2 wouldn't make money anymore.

Yes. But they wouldn't patch CK2 for more then two years without the DLCs. They would invest the money for more important stuff if CK2 wouldn't make money anymore.
Again I do not believe that your agruement foe funding can hold water. Granted it has been awhile since paradox invited me to look over their books. The investments that have been made by countless players I woukd imagine cover the costs of improving the existing game through free patches. Because if they don't and I hope this thread will help them too see that their dlc sales will keep droping because of basic game iaaues. And if they can't fund it tell us I would happly donate the cost of a dlc if it would go to improving what I already have.
AZARIAS59 thank you that is exactly what I had intended this thread to be.

Again I do not believe that your agruement foe funding can hold water. Granted it has been awhile since paradox invited me to look over their books. The investments that have been made by countless players I woukd imagine cover the costs of improving the existing game through free patches. Because if they don't and I hope this thread will help them too see that their dlc sales will keep droping because of basic game iaaues. And if they can't fund it tell us I would happly donate the cost of a dlc if it would go to improving what I already have.

Only their sales figures aren't dropping. Rajas has rocketed up to the top spot on Steam already.
And seriously, have some patience. They'll keep developing DLCs, and the free patches to go with, for the forseeable future. Finally we can have a proper medieval sandbox with RoI, as the interactions of Persia and Arabia with India was seriously important. And we've reached a natural eastern boundary, with desert, dense jungles, and mountains now blocking our way rather than some arbitrary line. Now the next step definitely seems to be a depth-adding expansion.

As I said... Yes they would have the money. But they wouldn't patch it.

Look at Victoria 2. Hearts of Darkness was released April 2013. The last patch was from June 2013 and after my knowlegde new patches are not planned. They just contuine to patch CK2 because the game makes money. Expansions and fixing the base game can both happen at the same time. Fixing the base game shouldn't be DLC materiaL

Okay great I'm glad that the sales are outstanding I think that now would definitely be the right time for more indepth work. That is what I want this thread to be. To talk about how the game can now br improved internally without anything addition added in terms of scope. When I said a "mechanics" dlc I meant that if it was a funding issue that I would rather see something in that nature next rather than going into china and japan.

Oh would you people stop with the petitions already. They are so irritating that Paradox probably does the opposite of what y'all keep whining for.

Becuase in the end its about money and whatever makes money they will focus a majority of their time on. However if we can create enough noise abiut what we as the consumer wants to see from paradox they can either ignore it or perhaps spend a littke more time on improvments. Hey look if they announce that the next dlc and patch that comes out will adress some of the issues that can be found all over this forum then hey maybe we helped to make that happen but if we say nothing and keep purchasing whatever they make in terms of new content why would they have any desire to improve what they have already worked on and believe is already sufficent.

And the arguement that the dlc pay for patches is irrelevant. Becuase if you have paid for the base game and all the major dlc...no music or portraits...then you have already invested over a 120 if u purchased through bundles and possibly much more if you have bought everything that paradox puts out.
You have no idea how PDS works, do you?
That's actually a neat thing about our new DLC model: Back when HoI3 came out Paradox could only budget for 3 patches per release, because you have to be making something you can earn money from to stay in business. HoI3 actually got a 4th patch just because it really needed it, above the budgeted 3. After that, it could not be worked on more unless there was a salable product attached, like Semper Fi, and then only people who bought SF got the benefit of the work put into it. That's all changed now, for newer games like CK2/EU4/HoI4 we can continue working on the base game for its budgeted patching time, plus as long as people are buying DLC - it's all one game rather than a set of discrete versions.

Still, again, we want it to be good on release and now to have longer development time and proper QA to help that happen.
How many patches has CK2 had? Free patches, mind you, because you were never obligated to buy anything to get them. Purchasing a face pack or even every DLC PDS releases doesn't entitle you to further patches - you'll get what they can budget for and choose to give.

P.S> The whining about other people whining ITT is hilarious, keep it up guys. You really look cool, mr pot, calling that kettle black.

Here is an example form prince of thanes. Form the beggining of the game I have been upset that there is no form of coronation mechanics anywhere in game. From being crowned by the pope for the HRE or any for any other leader. Can yoy find any ruler diring crusader times who wasn't crowned by a clergymen. What they did in prince of thanes was very rewarding and it made younfeel from the beginning that you knew who supported your rule who were against and whobmight be pretending. This I think is something very minor but would add so much more life to the game.

Well that is why they allow people to make mods for the game. So they could add small things like that to the game. For me personally one of the Dlcs made it if you win a epic battle as the ERe well you get a triumph. That is perfectly ok with me as that is all I wanted. But Mods are the way you get minior things that you want in your game. Maybe not everyone want a Coronoation. That is fine I dont mind either way but the Modders make those things possible.

Becuase in the end its about money and whatever makes money they will focus a majority of their time on. However if we can create enough noise abiut what we as the consumer wants to see from paradox they can either ignore it or perhaps spend a littke more time on improvments. Hey look if they announce that the next dlc and patch that comes out will adress some of the issues that can be found all over this forum then hey maybe we helped to make that happen but if we say nothing and keep purchasing whatever they make in terms of new content why would they have any desire to improve what they have already worked on and believe is already sufficent.

What kind of improvements do you want though . Decandance was fixed in this patch, They do improvements with each and every Free patch they give us. And you make no sesense as Paradox does listen to the customers. They really do if you want a game that does not play Rome Total war 2.. one of the worst game on the market and a example of what happens when the develpoers do not listen to the customers. That game is terrible and was not ready for release.

But to say that paradox does not want to improve the game they have is just stupid as that is far from true. Each and every patch they improve the game and if they make a mistake they hotfix it. Honesty they do more for the game than most companies do.

What kind of improvements do you want though . Decandance was fixed in this patch, They do improvements with each and every Free patch they give us. And you make no sesense as Paradox does listen to the customers. They really do if you want a game that does not play Rome Total war 2.. one of the worst game on the market and a example of what happens when the develpoers do not listen to the customers. That game is terrible and was not ready for release.

But to say that paradox does not want to improve the game they have is just stupid as that is far from true. Each and every patch they improve the game and if they make a mistake they hotfix it. Honesty they do more for the game than most companies do.

Hahaha ya rome 2 is terrible haven't played it since a month after release. And I apologize if it was read that I believe that paradox wasn't listening to us becuase what they have patched into game is evidence that they do listen. When I said that I was refering to the guy who said to stop whinning.
My purpose behind this thread was to get feedback on how many people would rather see more time given to adding more flavor to thr base game. Rather than expanding the current scope of crusader kings 2. What I want to see added to game is irrelevant becuase I have faith in their design teams I love this game and have over a thousand hours. The only problem is after you conquer a couple og empires and have murdered a good hundred people what's next. Fight of endless civil wars. I have no problem with the challenges of maintaining a realm it would just be appreciated if there was more "flavor" to it.