• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Admiral Fisker

Danish Gaullist
49 Badges
Jan 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
I would like to have a national decision that allows me to turn the POP's in some certain provinces, into an accepted culture. The problem is that I don't really know how to do that, so I would like to ask: Do anyone here know how to make a national decision like that? To perform this national decision, you must own Gotäland & Norrland.

Another national decision I would like, is one for Denmark(The one above is also for Denmark, I would like to turn all POP's in Götaland Danish, and all POP's in Norrland Norwegian.) Is one that gives Denmark 25 prestige, but also removes the option to form Scandinavia. To perform this national decision, you must own all provinces with Scandinavian cores.

There are many more national decisions I would like to make, but I would just like to know how to make them first. Thanks for the help! :)

Another small question: How do I add generals that I start off with from the start(1836)? I would like to add some historical generals.

You can't do so directly.

Well, how do I then turn foreign cultures into accepted cultures? Does it just take a lot of time, and luck?

Assimilation. You can up the rate of assimilation, but they'll (usually) only convert to the primary culture of the nation which owns them.

Assimilation. You can up the rate of assimilation, but they'll (usually) only convert to the primary culture of the nation which owns them.
Well, when I play as Denmark I pretty much always conquer Götaland & Norrland in the first years. But how do I up the rate of assimilation? And there are more Swedes in Götaland and Norrland, than there are Danes in all of Denmark, so even though Swedish is not an accepted culture, does that make Swedish the primary culture?

Well, when I play as Denmark I pretty much always conquer Götaland & Norrland in the first years. But how do I up the rate of assimilation? And there are more Swedes in Götaland and Norrland, than there are Danes in all of Denmark, so even though Swedish is not an accepted culture, does that make Swedish the primary culture?
If you become Scandinavia then you will get a handful of cultures accepted.

If you want to play greater Denmark only, go to the game folder, history/countries look for Denmark and unde primary_culture add this line "culture = swedish" . You will have Swedes as accepted culture.

Have fun.

If you become Scandinavia then you will get a handful of cultures accepted.

If you want to play greater Denmark only, go to the game folder, history/countries look for Denmark and unde primary_culture add this line "culture = swedish" . You will have Swedes as accepted culture.

Have fun.
I know I can do that, I've added Norwegian as an accepted culture. But I don't want to add Swedish as an accepted culture, it isn't really historical correct, and I would prefer all of my POPs in former Swedish territory to be either Danish or Norwegian.

So how do I raise assimilation? Minority building restrictions?

I know I can do that, I've added Norwegian as an accepted culture. But I don't want to add Swedish as an accepted culture, it isn't really historical correct, and I would prefer all of my POPs in former Swedish territory to be either Danish or Norwegian.

well,I think changing the assimilation is not a good idea.Because one of the special characteristics of immigration country,such as USA and australia, is high assimilation rate.
High assimilation of Denmark is also not historical correct!
I believe you need change the data in the folder,Victoria 2\history\pops\1836.1.1
that is a big chanllenge

Swedes will never assimilate in provinces with Swedish cores. You conquer, you deal with minorities, that's the deal.