• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did a Matilda of Tuscany start in 1066 *ages* ago, and I think I remember them being in Carinthia, so in de-jure kingdom terms you're probably best off looking in north-eastern Italy and southern Bavaria.

In 1070 the duke of Bavaria should be a Welf, if a quick Google search is to be trusted.

I did a Matilda of Tuscany start in 1066 *ages* ago, and I think I remember them being in Carinthia, so in de-jure kingdom terms you're probably best off looking in north-eastern Italy and southern Bavaria.

In 1070 the duke of Bavaria should be a Welf, if a quick Google search is to be trusted.

Carinthia is Von Zahringen. Also yes I can confirm that the eponymous Welf Welf -yes, Welf Welf- is Duke of Bavaria in 1070. I've played as him. There is probably a Count somewhere in 1066 and I know there is a Welf Duke and several Counts in 867.

Yep in 1070 Welf Welf is Duke of Bavaria. He was given it when his daddy-in-law decided to attempt to assassinate the Kaiser Henry the something...but the Duke Welf Welf of Bavaria in 1070 is only the Baron of Altdorf at the 1066 start so he's unplayable for the first few years.

Anyways there's tons of Welfs, throughout the timeline :) But the one in 1070 is quite entertaining or has been for me which is why I wrote an AAR about it :)

Someone else asked what other welfs to play as and I listed them somewhere, can't remember where though. There's even a Welf Emperor in the game.

And at the Old Gods start theres TONS of Welfs!

Funny fact is that the Welf in question's son married married Matilda in 1089 historically, they didn't have any love babies together though