• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
By Autumn 1938,

The war is over by May 1939.
It was going so well...:( :p Good update! Too bad Jingoism was too low, but you're one step more toward reunification of the Americas! :) What techs do you need to get the Canal?

It was going so well...:( :p Good update! Too bad Jingoism was too low, but you're one step more toward reunification of the Americas! :) What techs do you need to get the Canal?

Yeah, bit of a shame but I didn't wanna keep the war dragged out. Wiki says I need Iron Steamers, Medicine, Machine Parts and Cheap Iron. Still a while to go!

a really good start! you should go now for Uruguay or Argentina to have a base and colonize la Patagonia

This looks most interesting. Crush those rebels in South America!

Can you get immigrants in your seized New World provinces, by any chance? I'd assume you probably can't have that many with absolute monarchy and the Carlists, though.

Can you get immigrants in your seized New World provinces, by any chance? I'd assume you probably can't have that many with absolute monarchy and the Carlists, though.

Besides being an Absolute Monarchy, I believe the huge bonus American nations get is tied to where your capital is located.

I'm subbed. :D

You should try that on PdM. I believe there's an event when a European added wargoals and is at war against American countries that let the (north) Americans intervene (if the nation being attack accepts and loses a whole lot of prestige) under the premise of the Monroe Doctrine. THAT sounds like a tough nut to crack.

You don't get migrants but your own people love to go to your american colonies and they usually swarm the place. Maybe it's because a lot of American provinces are underpopulated but even when playing Greece I ended with half my pop in Guyana!

So good luck in re-hispanizing the Americas, province by province if need be!

So it's been 2 months. Better explain myself.

I originally took a short break, as I said, due to exam season. I finished my exams about two weeks ago and came back to discover that my laptop had gone completely haywire. After numerous attempts at fixing (Including defragmentation, 3 anti-virus checks and cleaning the fan) it eventually came down to the worst possible scenario - a factory reset. I managed to eventually get a back up of what I needed and reset my laptop. I then discovered that, just my luck, the backup failed. I lost 3 years of work, including my save for this AAR.

I know it sounds like a lot of excuses, but hopefully now I'll be able to resume. I'm going to play a bit and try and mimic the start as much as possible, and see how it goes from there. An update should be up by the weekend.

Once again, sorry, and I hope we can get this back on the road.

It's fine, Chalk, it can happen to anyone. :) Hopefully you'll have a lot more time to update.

subbed, seems like an interesting AAR