• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Well, let´s turn a problem into an advantage ...

Terranova is down and so you get an Open Beta of CORE 0.62. It´s pretty finished actually.

Download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24127389/CORE2_0_6_2_05.exe

Checksum is CAJK

Changelog:
Code:
Modifications to Swiss minister and leader list as proposed by Kennelly

Minor modificiations to USA minister list as proposed by Kennelly

Minor modificiations to FRA minister list as proposed by Kennelly

Various small editorial changes

Modified MAN 1936 ai by Zsar

Jap/China balance
19th and 20th JAP infantry division from reserve to mountain (also to solve part of the naming issue)
Added Kawabe brigade as unbrigaded reserve division
CHC:
Removed one division from the 4th Red Front Army and one from the 2nd Red Front Army to better account for actual strength
CHI:
Has a sixth "key" province (Kunming) that gives taxes and supplies when occupied (propping up China for a longer time)

SOV/GER balance
Soviets get their reserve divisions slightly earlier
Changed 1936 Soviet ai to conform better to AoD odds calculation

ai:
Prevented several Allied countries from sending expeditionary forces to China (in strange places like Africa)
Changed attack odds for IND to make it more likely to counter a JAP invasion
Changed attack odds for JAP to make it more more aggressive in the early stage of the China invasion
let JAP build slightly more MTN instead of RES
Corrected invasion settings in ENG ai so max_staging is always larger than max_distance
Tried to get the USA ai more focused on an invasion of Italy

gfx:
New pic for CAN CoAD Lloyd Samuel Breadner
New FRA starting CoN Georges Durand-Viel
New ENG starting CoAF Sir Edward Ellington

preparation:
dummy core_surrender.txt file added in \other

AND 99 new or reworked province pics from Hagar´s travel guide

navaldist table recalculated

Dec´s February package:
France events: fortification cost adjusted, tech activation corrections in SCW, air arm event corrections
German events: tech team Junkers modification event corrected
SS event: major rework based on detail leader review

german leader file to go with SS modifications

cored France: tech team Louis de Broglie slept in several events
eng.inc: brigade errors corrected
fra.inc: French starting OOB further modified
ger.inc: brigade errors corrected
ita.inc: air unit name corrections, brigade errors corrected
jap.inc: brigade errors corrected
usa.inc: brigade errors corrected

two coastal forts in France added
some Italian model names added
small modification to naval doctrines (unused flags deleted)
two French teames renamed and one (de Broglie) deleted

unitnames.csv:
FRA, ITA and USA unit name changes by Dec
Initially rejected due to unkown format errors in file, probably in ITA names
USA name changes transferred.

2014-03-21
-> CORE 0.62.5 for AoD

And here is the provisional CORE 0.62 graphics pack, with about 150 new or improved province pics by Hagar:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24141863/CORE_B&W_Graphics_062.exe

Last edited:
Thanks for the new version.

However, starting a new game I get the error message "missing eventdatabase:db\events\other\core_surrender.txt". I can still go on, if I hit "ignore". Check sum is CAJK, used a clean AoD 1.08 install.

Edit: Playing as USA I´ve got no tech pictures.

Last edited:
Tech Pictures is clear, you need the graphics pack

The surrender stuff must be a stupid error on my side in creating the installer, I´ll have a look.

EDIT:
stupid indeed. Anybody who knows how to do it, just create a dummy file named core_surrender.txt in the respective Directory.
For all others I´ll make a new installer.

EDIT2:
Done

Last edited:
Try gamefront, I can no longer Access our rapidshare account

It probably won´t crash but strange things may happen.

I've just finished a 0.61 Japanese mod - not sure whether to put it up now or wait for the final 0.62 and port it.
Any idea how long (and I know this is probably like asking how long a piece of string is!) before the non-beta 0.62 will be released?
Thanks
Vermin

Well, this version is probably pretty final. I think that basing a sub-mod on this version will not break anything the final version.

We had a lot of discussions about ministers, minister pics etc.

Substantial work has been relegated for a (potential) 0.63 version. I understand that Dec is working on a completely new province file and I have for a long time wanted to start a complete overhaul of the European Axis surrender events (at least I now have a dummy file in the version, but that´s about it).

So fire away on 0.62.5!

The new French CoN has an incorrect trait, "Indirect Approach" instead of "Indirect Approach Doctrine". ### fixed, Teg
With the new French OOB, France doesn't have enough air and land leaders in 1936 to assign a leader to every unit. I'll try to work a bit on the French leader file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you need to download the (separate) the graphics pack for the tech imagery...

Thanks for the update. Personaly the CORE experience on AoD is the best balanced and generaly enjoyable. Personaly i do like the German unit/ army names to be unhistoric but thats easy to mod personaly and i think some do like it whit historical division names. personaly i go whit ?linear? like I. A.K.,II. A.K. III. A.K. IV A.K. and not I. A.K., II. A.K. III. Panzer, IV. Panzer. But thats just me and easy to mod out. will be trying the japanese mod-mod as the the changes look not too strong to have a strong impact. Will take a while before ill give a feedback as bit limited in time atm.

I hate the Armee-Korps for GER. It's non-historical. I always replace the Panzer-Korps and Gebirgs-Korps and Reserve-Korps with Armeekorps, then manually change to corps names I like either.

Is it the hyphen that worries you, rw, or the Korps designation? If it's the latter there were plenty of Panzerkorps about historically.