• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sokar408

Second Lieutenant
46 Badges
Jan 22, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I have been wondering about this for a long time now. I seem to lose virtues for no reason. Like losing charity and the event only says "Mankind is unlovable"? What gives?

EDIT: Additional question

Each individual can have five virtues, sins, or neutral traits w/o a chance for one of them to be lost. For each trait above five, you have a MTH to lose a trait to bring you back down to five.

Edit : The AI often has a lot for its rulers because it spams Hunts, Feasts, Fairs and accrues them faster than the MTH allows them to lose the traits.

How did you figure this out? I have searched everywhere but can't find this documented anywhere :O

Last edited:
Each individual can have five virtues, sins, or neutral traits w/o a chance for one of them to be lost. For each trait above five, you have a MTH to lose a trait to bring you back down to five.

Edit : The AI often has a lot for its rulers because it spams Hunts, Feasts, Fairs and accrues them faster than the MTH allows them to lose the traits.

Paradox should decrease the chance of the AI doing that i think.

I really really cannot stand the arbitrary I remove your trait now event.
Led almost every battle fought in your reign from the front... oh, actually, I'm not brave any more.
Been consistently just, even when it is inconvenient (and downright dangerous?)... I am NOT the law.

ARGH.

I really really cannot stand the arbitrary I remove your trait now event.
Led almost every battle fought in your reign from the front... oh, actually, I'm not brave any more.
Been consistently just, even when it is inconvenient (and downright dangerous?)... I am NOT the law.

ARGH.

I got the "I am...NOT the law" event precisely three days after swallowing the -20 opinion penalty you get for taking the decision during the feast.

I went through -20 opinion, lasting 10 years, to get the Just trait, and then lost it in 3 days. I could have revoked a county for that penalty and got more from it. :p

I got the "I am...NOT the law" event precisely three days after swallowing the -20 opinion penalty you get for taking the decision during the feast.

I went through -20 opinion, lasting 10 years, to get the Just trait, and then lost it in 3 days. I could have revoked a county for that penalty and got more from it. :p

Yup, this is why I cringe when I "accidently" get an extra trait and then lose one I wanted to keep. I also do not like when I have an heir reach adulthood with less than five, as the AI will have them randomly choose with MTH events.

How did you figure this out? I have searched everywhere but can't find this documented anywhere :O

Its especially bad in the in mods like Game of Thrones/Elder Kings; where canon characters have over a dozen traits. But the entire mechanic is artificial, you should only lose traits for acting against them.