• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amagaeru

Epic Badger
24 Badges
Jan 18, 2005
  • 500k Club
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
It's currently around 950 and I am king of Danmark, Sweden and Head of the Norse religion (Friska?). I also own most of the british isles. I can easily see the requirement for any kingdoms/duchies I want to create but I can't do the same for empires. I want to create Britannia and I need to know if the wiki is right. It says :
"A ruler requires 2 kingdom titles, plus at least 80% (54) of the 67 de jure counties to create Britannia. In addition, a significant amount of gold and piety is required to create Britannia.
Creating Britannia grants the creator 800 prestige. "
I am probably at 75% of de jure counties so this part is fine. Do I need to have 2 kingdoms Inside Britannia or is my Danmark/Sweden enough?

Next question : I have an event to convert to Danish culture. What do I gain from this? Shouldn't I keep my empire all norse to keep it stronger (faster technology spread)?

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Britannia

Any two kingdoms is fine, unless it specifically says otherwise, which it doesn't.

And the Danish culture thing is pretty much pointless. Just flavour to explain why Norse became Norwegian, Danish and Swedish. It won't really benefit you in any way to switch to it.

AI characters will be converting to Danish too. So will your provinces in Denmark. Converting to Danish will give you a small relations bonus with Danish characters and will slightly lower the revolt risk in Danish provinces.

Any two kingdoms is fine, unless it specifically says otherwise, which it doesn't.

And the Danish culture thing is pretty much pointless. Just flavour to explain why Norse became Norwegian, Danish and Swedish. It won't really benefit you in any way to switch to it.
thanks
AI characters will be converting to Danish too. So will your provinces in Denmark. Converting to Danish will give you a small relations bonus with Danish characters and will slightly lower the revolt risk in Danish provinces.
There is no danish provinces so far, will it eventually happen even if I don't convert?

AI characters will convert to Danish/Swedish/Norwegian eventually, and the Norse culture is coded in such a way that you can't convert them back to Norse until a specific date (1100 or so I think). Also, you won't get unique national ideas if you main culture is Norse if you convert your save to EU4.

AI characters will convert to Danish/Swedish/Norwegian eventually, and the Norse culture is coded in such a way that you can't convert them back to Norse until a specific date (1100 or so I think). Also, you won't get unique national ideas if you main culture is Norse if you convert your save to EU4.

In my converted game Sweden was Mande, Aztec, and still had National Ideas. It's not based solely off of culture.

Frankish lead Poland got French ideas curiously though...

Use the button in the bottom right to search for a title. Find the title you want to create. Look at the mouse-over from the create button. This will give you the exact # of provinces you need (I saw you said "I have probably 75%", and wanted to show you where you can know for certain).
Another way to find the title is to look at the Kingdom of England, check the 'de jure' box, and you will see that it is de jure part of Empire of Britannia. Then you can click on that Empire and see the creation requirements.

Use the button in the bottom right to search for a title. Find the title you want to create. Look at the mouse-over from the create button. This will give you the exact # of provinces you need (I saw you said "I have probably 75%", and wanted to show you where you can know for certain).
Another way to find the title is to look at the Kingdom of England, check the 'de jure' box, and you will see that it is de jure part of Empire of Britannia. Then you can click on that Empire and see the creation requirements.

Thanks a lot! I was able to do this with kingdoms on duchies by selecting em on the map but I never tough about searching for empires to see the requirement. It's really helpful thank you!