• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(529806)

Sergeant
3 Badges
Jul 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Well, this has been a problem for a while now; basically impossible for large, rapidly expanding empires to get factions happen to them even with a terrible ruler due to the ridiculously massive bonus to opinion while "defending against foreigners" from simple minor revolts.
Not only is it too large, but its far too easy to exploit, simply rubbing the revolt down to 100-500 men means they run around without sieging anything, and you keep the opinion bonus.
This breaks multiplayer beyond belief as you can essentially snowball without any repercussions from an early point.

IMO:
Minor revolts should not give any opinion modifier.
I hope this is changed upon ROI update.

No.
No.

Everyone complained when vassals revolted left and right even tho different religion was invading, its fine how it is.
Plus if the rebels have less then a certain amount of men your vassals will destroy them.
If its still exploitable make house rules. Most MP games already have like 100 rules anyways whats 1 more.

Because its exploitable without even trying to exploit it, basically once you have a realm of over 1000 you nearly constantly have minor revolts due to different cultures and religions.
This means that you NEVER get factions anymore, yes it was probably too often before, but now its gone the completely opposite direction. Its too easy now.

Whoever snowballs first wins.

At least reduce it from +50, its ridiculous.
+30 would be better, then a really bad king can still have factions.

Late game it becomes: "Do i have a minor revolt? yes? attack for more land!" "Do i have a minor revolt? No? Uhoh problems incoming, vulnerable to assassination loss, hand out all my gold to make people happy, sit on my capital with retinue until next minor revolt"

Last edited: