• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello everybody!

If you're finding the headline woefully familiar, believe I'm continuing in the (one-AAR) tradition of putting the word "chaos" into it, suggested by my good friend Gen. Marshall, probably inspired by the legendary "Carnage" series by Cpt. Easy. We've already played one game before with roughly the same base of players, to tweak the most rudimentary game exploits, though our house rules still aren't many (as this is the HPP, folks!).

That being said, let's skip to the (basic) player composition:

Allies:

United Kingdom: NRgizA
France: Aardvarkian
United States of America: Karaya 1
Canada: Croguy
Australia: Marsleague
India: ???

Axis:

Germany: Sqwerlpunk
Italy: Nilsson
Japan: Vector
Manchukuo: Vector
Romania: Ikar
Hungary: Longstreet
Bulgaria: VersaSM
Sweden: Laexio

Comintern:

Soviet Union: Maggix

As you can see, we have lots of players, which spells doom on the Allied side most of the times, as some of them can't get to session or need to quit early. Nonetheless, there are still some nations left to play, so be sure to check my signature if you're interested in joining at any time!

Hopefully, I didn't left out anything. The AAR will be updated with the 1 year/session rule in mind, in order to avoid giving information to opposing camps. I'm designated to be the main updater, but that definitely doesn't mean other's cannot write their own updates if they can.

It's on!

Last edited:
Reserved, just in case.

SUBBED!!!! Yay, HPP MP AAR!!!! Shame on me that I don't have time during your sessions (is it on Sunday's evening CET, right?).

Will we see updates only from Ikar or will other players bring us some?

SUBBED!!!! Yay, HPP MP AAR!!!! Shame on me that I don't have time during your sessions (is it on Sunday's evening CET, right?).

1600-1700 Sundays GMT +0. Too bad :sad:

Will we see updates only from Ikar or will other players bring us some?

I hope the others will at least help me with taking screenshots here and there... :blush:

And just now i notice i forgot to take screenshots.

Myself I have one. But except for Münich and Changkufeng, nothing really happened, so it's OK :)

Session I

Hello there! In this game, I’m playing as Romania. Let me briefly tell you know what happened in the first 28 months of the game.

This is the state of Romanian army on 2nd May 1936. Nothing fancy and probably not even important, but there you have it :)

aPJMd7S.gif

What is definitely more interesting is that I fired “Early Elections” on 1st January 1936, where fascists won over the current rule of social conservatives, giving me some extra drift towards Axis in the diplomatic triangle.

pJA7B2R.gif

Here is war-torn Spain, while Germans organize summer Olympic Games. There’s also some of my in-game trolling going on in the chat I see :D

XZfnORN.gif

What definitely took everything by surprise was that AI Communist China was winning against human-controlled Nationalist China.

ABBx1NZ.gif

CXB bit the bullet not too long thereafter.

ZXjk09l.gif

At some point, Croguy took over Communist China and in the last session, he started to play as Australia in the second one.

vMpm0NU.gif

Session II

I got a trade offer from the USA after I wrote in the general chat that I was bored.

ANQAZ4w.gif

Unfortunately for Karaya, I said nope. Just like this nice little Godzilla, which Vector linked me yesterday.

18u21w5xafc93png.png

Other than that, Germany got Sudetenland and Japan just started the border skirmishes with Soviets at the very end of this session. And Nilsson bought his barbecue sauce :)

US in mid 38.

First of all, i want to show you Japans evil evil plans.

91qRm6w.jpg

They are certainly busy building carriers, and add to that an estimated 6 CVLs at least being build or already finished that is quite something.

Here is a picture of the artificial stalemate in china that is currently going on in order to not give the US neutrality reducing events

PS52qTZ.jpg

So we are then preparing for the inevitable war. Pearl Harbor will never fall. It will be held to the last man with the support of our glorious God-President.
(The God-President protects)

As you can see Radar construction has only just begun and will only reach between lvl 4-7 depending on when i might enter the war. It is now only possible to build it in serial because some people suggested dropping lvl 10 radar stations is OP. Silly people.
JUJ2cL8.jpg

Until now, i have been somewhat lucky with events, at least the Depression events. I have already had 2 reductions.

4NGxrqA.jpg

This picture also shows one of Sqwerls most excellent though unfinished modifications to the already rather awesome HPP mod. Since it was previously possible to just spam ridiculous amounts of units at all in all much lower cost with Full Civilian Economy, it has now received a -20 % reduction in IC. This doesnt close the exploit completely but it severely reduces it. (Or so vector says who did the math)

Also you may wonder why i chose the Industrial investment instead of waiting for the CG needs reducing one. I think the US is the only allied country that gets more from Industrial thanks to its extremely large base IC.

For now, that is all i can tell you without telling too much of my plans to save Freedom and Democracy under the God-President. It is worth noting that due to me being unable to defend against Spy warfare from at least 4 countrys, i have temporarily stopped trading with Japan (who is trading for all the Axis apparently)in order to put some pressure on them .

Unfortunately that has resulted in Japan raiding an AI RoC's capital after denying them the chance to relocate it by not taking Beiping. At least 2 times until now. That is a big issue( together with me stopping to trade) and is currently discussed in our MP game thread. Lets see what is coming.

Stay tuned for a glorious victory.

Last edited:
General Barbeque will drop off an most terrific report after next session. I will let you all know how the grand italian army shall restore Rome as the center of the world through the fires of the old one. Her legions will march through Washington & London and leaving nothing but Roman peace behind them.

Mars Exulte!

Japan

First, some history. Emperor Hirohito was greatly alarmed by the breaking of the Naval Treaties by the other so called "Civilized" nations. As USA and UK embarked on a provocative and aggressive naval expansion program aimed at cowing the Japanese into submission, the glorious Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) received divine mandates from the Emperor himself to expand the Navy to counter Western imperialists attempts to meddle in Asian affairs, especially intervening in China, which belongs to Japan by divine right!!

First, the UK.

ENG%20intel%2002071938.PNG

Then, the USA

US%20Intel%2002071938.PNG

As you can see, Japan has no choice but to act to counter these aggressive actions with a strong navy of it's own to protect Asia from Western capitalists!

USA even cut off huge trade deals with their best partner, Japan, on the basis on unconfirmed reports of Japanese nationals conducting something the Western Media call "Espionage".Even if there were, Japanese Ninjas are invisible and invincible! No trail could have been left behind!... I mean, Emperor Hirohito disavows any knowledge of these actions and only wishes to maintain the best of relations with USA!!

A trail of bodies left behind, all dying through natural causes*

spies.PNG

*Suicide by Ninja

Also, here is a transcript of a typical case.

Officer: "How'd this one die?"
Coroner: "Ninja stars from the next building, sir."
Officer: "Another one?
Coroner:"Yes"
Officer: "I'll call the embassy and lodge another complaint..."

*rings Japanese Embassy*

Officer: "Yes, I'm calling to lodge a complaint of the obviously Japanese assassinations going on in our country"
Ambassador: "Japan have no knowredge of things. Only want good rerationship for Great USA and Nippon"
Officer: "Sir, the stars say, 'made in Japan'. Also, name one other country that uses Ninja stars."
Officer: "..."
Ambassador: "..."
Ambassador: "We go now. Much trade. Rove you."

*End of Transcript*

Last edited:
Lolled at the USA and JAP update. Needless to say I support a good old fashoned bloodbath. Blood for the blood god. Skulls for the skull throne. Let the pacific burn. :)

Evil Japs!

This I don't like so much

That is not nice of the UK and USA to conspire so against the co-prosperity sphere.

This is much better. I'm glad people are sympathetic to the Japanese cause.

Lolled at the USA and JAP update. Needless to say I support a good old fashoned bloodbath. Blood for the blood god. Skulls for the skull throne. Let the pacific burn. :)

Nothing wrong with US and UK blood staining the oceans red, just not Japanese. Pray for our brave marines who have to face the treacherous defenses of Pearl.