• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Skanvak

Sergeant
44 Badges
Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I have tried to do what I like in CKII that is to start at the bottom. So I took the kokuhin of nakatsu for personnal reason. I manage to get a bi desmene (5/5) BUT I cannot plot anything, I cannot have vassal. How do you improve your rank from simple kokujin except by waiting your liege to start a civil war so you can start a civil war on him?

May be the game in not playable as a 2nd rank vassal?

I need some advice on that.

Nope, in thhe diplomatic option : you must be direct vassal to break free from the clan. So it seems that playings a 2nd rank vassal does not allow for full play as you have no control wether you will be in position or not to improve your rank or become a Daimyo. Am I correct? Look like the baron in CKII (I manage to become king starting as a comte).

So I still wonder if it is possible to do something to get granted a daimyo rank and be able to have vassal or be able to become direct vassal?

Good research. I knew you needed more honour, I figured it was for every leader type. Perhaps I'll play as solely as a kokujin and see if I ever get awarded a daimyo title. That certainly would make the game more interesting.

the only time this happened to me is when the my liege break from the clan (then I become direct vassal and more option happened) but I cannot suggest that to my liege so it is very random and we were crushed quite quickly as every other clan jump on us.

May be the game in not playable as a 2nd rank vassal?

In my opinion it really isn't. Only way you can get anything done is hoping that your liege rebels, so you get to be his 1st rank vassal, and backstab him in turn. Not much you can do about it, so playing 2nd rank vassal is basically just about luck.

In my opinion it really isn't. Only way you can get anything done is hoping that your liege rebels, so you get to be his 1st rank vassal, and backstab him in turn. Not much you can do about it, so playing 2nd rank vassal is basically just about luck.

I believe that if it would be possible for 2nd rank vassals to revolt the game would quickly turn into an anarchy. However I agree that playing as 2nd rank vassal requires a lot of luck, because becoming 1st rank vassal isn't up to you. Playing as 1st rank vassal however is quite interesting, because it's possible to rise from OPM to serious challenger rather quickly. Personally I often enjoy playing as Oda Toshisada kokujin of Kasugai, who is 1st rank vassal of Clan Shiba.

Yeah, playing a 1st rank vassal is pretty fun. Concentrate on building your own power base, wait until your liege gets in trouble to backstab him, and then take over the clan yourself. Fun stuff.