Something that CK II doesn't have, but should be there: player char opinion of others

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BaronIronmaggot

Lt. General
40 Badges
Aug 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
There are countless of boxes, where I can see others opinion of me. But there is almost no boxes where I can see how my character thinks of others. Closest thing I can get, is to see a number if I hover over a random person, but not much more. I think that it is about time that we had a box that throughoutly shows player characters opinion and all the traits and things that affect it if hovered upon.

Go to the character page of the character in question. Right click, and then right click on the "Goto character" button (opens submenu). Click on "Goto character relations". The find characters window pops up. Find yourself (name search, etc, whatever). Hover over the opinion number to bring up the breakdown.

Go to the character page of the character in question. Right click, and then right click on the "Goto character" button (opens submenu). Click on "Goto character relations". The find characters window pops up. Find yourself (name search, etc, whatever). Hover over the opinion number to bring up the breakdown.

Or just hover over the character in question...

He asked for a specific breakdown of modifiers.
Ah... but isn't it simpler to just look at your traits?
And your way does not work in vanilla game.

It does work in vanilla. I have no idea how a mod would even begin to add this functionality.

Sure, you can look at your traits, and then switch back to the window to theirs. But really, the breakdown is there. It's irrelevant what is easier, since your opinion of the AI is generally irrelevant anyways (unless RPing). The OP asked, and I answered. That's all.

It's the interwebs, everyone is argumentative, and no one can handle being wrong; they instantly go through the defense mechanisms when they are. XD

It's weird how the internet does that.

Your opinion of others helps with seeing if your vassal is a faction member. When the righteous imprisonment pops up and I'm trying to decide whether to ask a vassal to end their plot or arrest them, whether or not they are a faction member makes a difference (I'll arrest them if they are a faction member).