• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

indalecio248

Major
68 Badges
Aug 4, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I've been using this on the Victoria II subforum, and thought I might make one here.

Anyway, picked this up last night on Steam, and I've gone from the Backyard to Trials level. My dwarf happiness doesn't seem to move up or down. I planted a few ale trees, and I don't see any change in happiness. Is happiness turned off for that early level?

A few more.

I notice gold randomly decreasing as I play. Whats this based on?

I got a wolf pet recently, and he's decent in battle, but I'm wondering if I should get more pets, or focus on warrior dwarves for military.

Is either ranged or melee inherently better? Should I have each in equal measures, or should I focus on one or the other.

Can the Prince level up? How?

Is falling damage a thing? Would pit traps be of any use? Also, are there trapdoors? Perhaps in one of the DLCs?

All plants only last so long and then need to be replanted. The replanting is automatic – unless you do not have what it cost to replant them. Some plants cost gold to replenish them.

You will need stronger warriors than what the wolf can provide. Pets are really just that – pets. Fun to have around but also provide certain benefits.

I usually have a good mix of ranged and non-ranged warriors – just because it’s cooler. You can go with just melee and be just fine.

The Prince levels up in between levels in the campaign. . . sort of. He gets different attributes that help in various ways.

No, no pit traps.

Thanks for your answers. A few more questions.

Completed the Northern Pass. and on my Ranged Military Dwarf, I noticed he's got the option to become a Grenade Chucker. I didn't try it that time, and went the Sniper Route, but I'm considering it this time. Am I going to regret it? The words friendly fire and splash damage come to mind here, in particular.

With my Melee Military Dward, I've got the same deal. I went Shield Dwarf then, but how's Berserker?

EDIT: I picked up Star Dwarves as well, but I'm not sure how to activate the content. Can it be used in Campaign Mode? I haven't tried Custom yet.

Last edited:
So, been playing for awhile now. Just finished 'The Tunnel', which might be my favorite by far. Anyway, will I need to grind levels to get maximum influnce and by all influence techs, or are there enough levels to get this normally? I understand that the achievements for getting all influence techs is buggy, but is getting all influence techs doable?

Sure you can. Especially if you have a couple of Master Research tables and Scholars going at it. Also have the Tier 4 – Research Station and Tier 3 – Scholar Specialization. I usually conduct my research upgrades to jump to those that will help my research first, and then worry about filling in the rest later.

yeah i mixed your words around. sorry about that.
It's been a little while since i went through the campaign, but if i remember there is only so many upgrades there that you will get - and they're not enough to get them all in one game.