Page 1 of 135 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: A joint statement from BL Logic and Paradox Interactive!

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

A joint statement from BL Logic and Paradox Interactive!

Today it's our sad duty to inform you that it has been decided to cancel the game "East vs West". We at Paradox Interactive have the utmost respect for BL Logic and this is not a decision that has been taken lightly—quite the contrary—but ultimately we are a publisher and our actions and decisions must reflect that.

As the project has been severly delayed we dont think that open beta / early acccess could, within our desired timeline, meet the set criteria.

It has been a journey of ups and downs since we started the development of East Vs West back in May 2011. We wish each other nothing but the best with future endeavors.

We also would like to thank the developers for their hard work and their tremendous effort, as well as the fans for their long term commitment and their never ending support.

Yours sincerely
    Fredrik Wester, Lennart Berg, Gellert Keresztes
    Last edited by Regina; 07-03-2014 at 09:48.
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

Community Manager
    On vacation! Not taking PM's :)
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Please use this thread and no other to discuss these matters.

Thank you for respecting this rule!

Community Manager
    On vacation! Not taking PM's :)
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Please note that any comments about this happening due to HOI4 will be considered as trolling, and acted upon as such!
    (this assumption is just plain silly. I won't even bother with going into more details about that)

FAQ!

- Why did you not tell us about the cancellation sooner?
    : We really struggled to the last to make this game happen. Sadly it reached a point where it was no longer possible. This decision is fresh, and you were told pretty much immediately.

- Why not release what you got as an open beta as said before?
    : Revised information due to bad communication: So what is said in the initial post - As the project has been severly delayed we dont think that open beta / early acccess could, within our desired timeline, meet the set criteria.

- Why not release the game to be finished by the community?
    : Releasing the source code would mean releasing the source code for Clausewitz. And I hope you understand why this is not something we could do.

***** ABOUT THE EDIT ******

The revision of the FAQ was made by me who wrote it at first. In my feeble attempts to actually give you some of the answers you seek I misunderstood a piece of information. There is no conspiracy in the works. The decision was simply made that it would not be possible to produce a satisfactory version to release.
    Last edited by BjornB; 07-03-2014 at 14:06. Reason: revised

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Awww... But... That means all the news in the last month were worthles?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

I hope that somehow East vs West can still see the light of day. I would gladly donate to support this project's revival. It is a great concept and has gathered a dedicated following, as attested by this forum. Thanks to BL-Logic from someone who has keenly followed this game since its first announcement.

Now we must drag everyone out the pit
    anyway, can you not just give us what was made?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

But if the game was such close too a beta... Why did you decide to cancle it, now where everyone was waiting for it? Wasn't it worth a try?

welp, I was wrong

I really thought they were going to finish it, and that it was going to be the best cold war game released yet

YET ANOTHER THING TO TAKE OFF MY INCREASINGLY SHORTENING 'LIST OF THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO'

I do hope the BL-Logic guys aren't terribly off because of this

THEY WERE TROLLING US WITH THEIR OPEN BETA!
    Seriously now why, if it was so close to open beta.
    CK2: Estonian History - An Estonian AAR - Ongoing
    'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?” - Napoleon Bonoparte
    "Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them." - Napoleon Bonoparte

The confidence of the population decides the fate of a nation, no politican or leader decide it, only the will of the people.

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 Complete

What about releasing what you currently have and let the community take over? Please?

I don't really understand this. Better to release as a Beta a'la SOTS2 than simply cancel.

Really sad for all the developers. I wonder if the code will be made public or released in an incomplete form. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass_West View Post
    Spare a thought for the people who were actually making this game, instead of just observing from the sidelines.
    Yes, I do feel for them but come on; PI could have just told us this much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by history_fan View Post
    I don't really understand this. Better to release as a Beta a'la SOTS2 than simply cancel.

Really sad for all the developers. I wonder if the code will be made public or released in an incomplete form. I hope so.
    I don't think so, because it's the HoI3 code...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draakon0 View Post
    What about releasing what you currently have and let the community take over? Please?
    +1

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You really should have figured this out before the open beta was announced.
    Try Aurora - Dwarf Fortress in Space!
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    This makes way for HoI4 and a Cold War DLC there I guess.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by msaaim89 View Post
    Yes, I do feel for them but come on; PI could have just told us this much earlier.
    Exactly this... I mean... They started We are the world for a week. And they tell to use like the game is in development... This discision to cancel the game wasn't take today, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    This makes way for HoI4 and a Cold War DLC there I guess.
    Please... No. It would be like a WW1 DLC for EU4.

Quote Originally Posted by Thure View Post
    I don't think so, because it's the HoI3 code...
    Well that is simply awful then. I'm really not sure what to think about Paradox as a company. Why cause all the hype with the open beta and then simply cancel it? Why not just cancel it like everyone was semi expecting?

I suppose the open beta did reduce expectations, but this just seems dishonest.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jju_57 View Post
    One reason. HOI4.
    So true.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

This is just silly.

Page 1 of 135 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast