Reactionary revolt and war weariness and how to prevent war with another power

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Timotheus1

Captain
9 Badges
Jan 14, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hullo.

I was doing somewhat well in my USA playthrough. I helped Texas with war subsidies, did the Manifest destiny, did two wars with Mexico to grab what is rightfully ours, etc etc. Pre Civil War, I disbanded the army, and rebuilt it only using the Yankees (geeeeenius, I am sure no one else thought of doing that :laugh:). CSA forms, the war is basically killing off their one 31 strength stack and then occupation.

And then UK makes war on me to get Texas back to Mexico.

Those bastards! We stole that land fair and square!

A few "Deny" clicks later to their peace offers of not just acquire Texas but also New England, I got Reactionary revolts EVERYWHERE. And I was not putting in any reforms, nor really supporting liberals or anything like that.

So, a few questions:

1) Where can I see war weariness and what effect it has on me?

2) How can I deal with Reactionary revolt, given that there was no movement to suppress them, only the million strong reactionary bloc already formed?

3) How can I prevent a war with another power; is there a way?

1. In the diplomatic screen, you can see the war exhaustion level. In your pop tab, you can see what is influencing people, i.e hovering over their their con and mil and how the modifiers are working. War exhaustion generally increases militancy, off the top of my head not sure about con. Then click on a particular pop type in a province and look at their political leanings, high mil generally promotes Reactionaries.

2. You can try to appease them, reforms and such, improving their lives by fulfilling needs, lowering taxes, having employment opportunities, and not really getting into wars.

3. Have a mega strong army, or generally high military score, no one will dare to mess with Texas. Get some strong alliances, or have none at all. As the US, your only real threat is the UK early on, but you can wipe the floor with them. A naval invasion by some axis of evil is pretty much unheard of playing against the AI. Also, just never get involve in any of the drama in Europe, and you should be pretty safe. My experience with the US is somewhat limited, but unless I sought war I never really got any hassle once the Brits had been kicked out of north America.

Thanks for the answers.

Aha!

If you improve relations higher than 100, they won't be able to manufacture a CB.

Trouble is, I've noticed that relations can suddenly be a rock bottom, even though I have been making an effort to improve them. Is there a relations decreased pop up that I am missing in the game? If so, how do I activate it?

Actually - what are relations good for anyway? With UK when I play America, relations of UK go down the tubes for whatever reason. I second that question - where can I see what affects my relations with a given country?