• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do not care about playable theocracies, and I do not want China which deserves its own game. And cadet branches are unnecessary/a little gimmick that is patch material. I want Steppes! Horde mechanics! Steppe portraits! Steppe songs! Kurultai succession! Nomads!

I do not care about playable theocracies, and I do not want China which deserves its own game. And cadet branches are unnecessary/a little gimmick that is patch material. I want Steppes! Horde mechanics! Steppe portraits! Steppe songs! Kurultai succession! Nomads!

A China game wouldn't sell well. And it would make CK2 much better. No more abstracted invasions, because the Mongols are on the map. And if they can represent the bureaucratic Chinese empire... They also could rework the Byzantine empire with the new mechanics. Or other bureaucratic realms in Europe. Poland for exemple. So the best representation for Steppe people would be to add the Mongol mainland in China.

A China game wouldn't sell well. And it would make CK2 much better. No more abstracted invasions, because the Mongols are on the map. And if they can represent the bureaucratic Chinese empire... They also could rework the Byzantine empire with the new mechanics. Or other bureaucratic realms in Europe. Poland for exemple. So the best representation for Steppe people would be to add the Mongol mainland in China.

So you think it would not sell well but make CKII much better? I think you got it the wrong way round. It would sell well but it would make CKII grind to a complete halt for me and my puny laptop. Also, the Chinese state would be so powerful it would upset the whole balance. Moreover, whilst China, the Byzantine empire and Poland relied on bureaucrats more, they did that in utterly and completely different ways.

Also, I do not care much about seeing Temujin's rise. That, again, would be brilliant for another game set in China/Mongolia/Kore/Japan. In any case, though, I always liked the Cumans and the Pechenegs more than the Mongols. But I do not really want Crusader Mings when you could have some legitimate DLC material in what we have now.

So you think it would not sell well but make CKII much better? I think you got it the wrong way round. It would sell well but it would make CKII grind to a complete halt for me and my puny laptop. Also, the Chinese state would be so powerful it would upset the whole balance. Moreover, whilst China, the Byzantine empire and Poland relied on bureaucrats more, they did that in utterly and completely different ways.

Also, I do not care much about seeing Temujin's rise. That, again, would be brilliant for another game set in China/Mongolia/Kore/Japan. In any case, though, I always liked the Cumans and the Pechenegs more than the Mongols. But I do not really want Crusader Mings when you could have some legitimate DLC material in what we have now.

Paradox already did a game about Japan with the CK2 enginge, just before the release of CK2. Sengoku. And it was a flop. They never patched it much, never had any DLC or expansions...

And I said... A own China game wouldn't sell. A DLC for CK2 would.

And of course Bureauraty in this realms work different. But Feudalism work different in other countries on the map to. But basecally it could use similiar features with governeurs etc.

Paradox already did a game about Japan with the CK2 enginge, just before the release of CK2. Sengoku. And it was a flop. They never patched it much, never had any DLC or expansions...

And I said... A own China game wouldn't sell. A DLC for CK2 would.

And of course Bureauraty in this realms work different. But Feudalism work different in other countries on the map to. But basecally it could use similiar features with governeurs etc.
You mean a standalone China game won't sell well.

Oh ok I get your point, cheers. Perhaps a standalone China game would not sell too well, but I would buy it. In any case I like China much more than Japan :p

What features for a bureaucratic realm would you propose that make them not as overpowered in relation to feudal states? After all, no powerful vassals = no powerful rebellions.

Oh ok I get your point, cheers. Perhaps a standalone China game would not sell too well, but I would buy it. In any case I like China much more than Japan :p

What features for a bureaucratic realm would you propose that make them not as overpowered in relation to feudal states? After all, no powerful vassals = no powerful rebellions.

No powerful rebellions? Didn't had China and the Byzantine empire many coup d'etats by powerful generals? :) Or at least generals who tried it.

Indeed but as opposed to feudal rulers those could be easily replaced. Also there is no general system in this game, you are quite free to appoint anybody you please to lead your armies.

Only Chinese people want a Chinese map.

Can't imagine how boring a map full of Chinese all looking like each other can be...
And what about pronouncing the county names. :D

Chinese all looking like each other... you're a real piece of work aren't you? And here I was thinking Dutch people were not racist.

Chinese all looking like each other... you're a real piece of work aren't you? And here I was thinking Dutch people were not racist.

lol, YOU'RE a real piece of work ,thinking there aren't scum dutch, there's scum of every kind of person. Don't base anything off of where someone comes from, That's almost as bad.

Playable Theocracies/Holy Orders.

Also, a rehaul of Imperial mechanics (mostly for the ERE). And please, stop with this "but LoR was the ERE DLC!"; we know, but the problem is that LoR was a 5€ tiny DLC. What would be needed is a DLC of the scope of ToG dedicated to HRE and ERE special features.

Nomadic dlc is the only major addition I think the game needs.

With a focus on the Mongols, but I'll keep buying DLCs as long as they make them.

Only Chinese people want a Chinese map.

Can't imagine how boring a map full of Chinese all looking like each other can be...
And what about pronouncing the county names. :D

Come on man, pretend for a moment you're not posting anonymously. A Chinese DLC would be great but I think it's too major right after an India DLC.
SoA followed the major ToG, so we're probably looking at a relatively minor DLC next. That's why I'm thinking Mongols.

Last edited:
What I want: Southeast Asia DLC, most kingdoms could use RoI DLC religion and expand the new system while Vietnam's kingdom would introduce to China's one...
What more probably will happen: An equivalent of TR and LoR DLC (because SoA is base game equivalent in theme while RoI is SoI) that is small and more focused by offering a different type of gameplay from feudalism, which probably mean Nomad and/or Inland Republic DLC...

With a focus on the Mongols, but I'll keep buying DLCs as long as they make them.

Come on man, pretend for a moment you're not posting anonymously. A Chinese DLC would be great but I think it's too major right after an India DLC.
SoA followed the major ToG, so we're probably looking at a relatively minor DLC next. That's why I'm thinking Mongols.

But would a Mongol DLC good before China? I mean... If they add China... It would change the Mongols very much.