• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ciccillo Rre

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!"
84 Badges
Oct 16, 2011
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • PDXCon 2019 "Baron"
So, I've watched the livestream and noticed how the Kingdom of Perm has been greatly stretched to the east. Now, that would result into a very weird shape of the Empire of Russia in the Empires mapmode; besides, it would not be very realistic. I am suggesting to introduce a Suomenusko empire to include both the de jure kingdoms of Perm and Finland. Not sure how it could be named; Samia perhaps? "Suomi Empire"?

P.S. This idea has been already incorporated into my personal mod (please see the signature), and I have borrowed it from Lord Finnish' "The Empire of Pojohla" mod. I think, however, it should be part of vanilla!

Suomi Empire? Oh god I laughed.
I definitely need suggestions, as I do not like how I have called it in my mod either ("Ugria").

Russia ruled by suomenusko character would be a suomenusko empire, so making a distinct de-jure empire for them is just unnecessary.

I think Russia formed by Suomenusko pagans should be called "pohjola", which more or less means "the north (lands)"

Last edited:
Yeah, when you form the Empire of Rus as a Suomi/Komi culture it's called "Suomi"

Which was really confusing since a separate Suomi Kingdom had formed already in Finland, and I did it as Perm. Though I changed my empire's name.

Russia ruled by suomenusko character would be a suomenusko empire, so making a distinct de-jure empire for them is just unnecessary.

I think Russia formed by Suomenusko pagans should be called "pohjola", which more or less means "the north (lands)"
The point is not having a Suomenusko empire - we can already, but a de jure title which is more distinct - with color, flag, name and the like - Finno-Ugric (a set of cultures which incidentally happens to be typically Suomenusko as well, at least in game).

This is also to make the de jure empires mapmode look nicer.

I feel like that would make the Russian Empire too small.

I feel like that would make the Russian Empire too small.
We have several empires smaller than that. In addition, one could argue that it would make the Russian Empire of the proper size, as it would correspond more or lass to the lands of the Kievan Rus at their apex. Plus, I would move the duchy of Polotsk to Ruthenia.

I agree that this area of the dejure map should be reworked. What exactly I'm still mulling over (especially with the new map coming soon). Tartaria/Cumania should be prioritized at the same time to be reworked because all of this Steppe to Tundra land is intertwined in my eyes.

It would mean that Finland wouldn't be part of Scandinavia then.

It can be the Sicily of the north. But yeah, I'm interested to see if Russia/Tartaria have simply been expanded east.

Finland isn’t “Scandinavian” anyway. It has none of the cultural links that Denmark/Sweden/Norway does. It bugs me it’s part of the de-jure territory. Probably because of all that Swedish occupation from the middle of the CK2 time period onwards.

There's really a need for improvement on the whole Empire gameplay. The only empires ought to be the HRE and the ERE, as these claimed heritage to the "real", one true European empire. The other regions should be able to form dynamic empires of the king-of-kings sort, but with some other sort of dynamics.

I wish realm laws and such were more expandable, and ordered into a tree-type of increasing amount of laws and customs, or that you get to chose between different Idea Groups as time goes on and your realms power increases... That could actually be quite nice if made compatible with the EU4 converter. Your converted country's National Ideas are a reflection of the sort of ideas the realm had in CK2.

There's really a need for improvement on the whole Empire gameplay. The only empires ought to be the HRE and the ERE, as these claimed heritage to the "real", one true European empire. The other regions should be able to form dynamic empires of the king-of-kings sort, but with some other sort of dynamics.

I wish realm laws and such were more expandable, and ordered into a tree-type of increasing amount of laws and customs, or that you get to chose between different Idea Groups as time goes on and your realms power increases... That could actually be quite nice if made compatible with the EU4 converter. Your converted country's National Ideas are a reflection of the sort of ideas the realm had in CK2.

Yes the now centuries old Arab Empire and milennia old Persian Empires have no claim. lol

Finland isn’t “Scandinavian” anyway. It has none of the cultural links that Denmark/Sweden/Norway does.

Finland was part of the Swedish kingdom for pretty much the entire medieval period. In fact, it was never a kingdom, but a Swedish duchy, so its definitely appropriate part of a Scandinavian empire

The only empires ought to be the HRE and the ERE, as these claimed heritage to the "real"l

Nonsense. The Roman empire was a bygone entity, except for Byzantium, while in Persia, the land was still called Eranshahr from Armenia to Khorasan and all persian rulers hungered for Sassanid-style prestige muslim or not.

Last edited:
It can be the Sicily of the north. But yeah, I'm interested to see if Russia/Tartaria have simply been expanded east.

Finland isn’t “Scandinavian” anyway. It has none of the cultural links that Denmark/Sweden/Norway does. It bugs me it’s part of the de-jure territory. Probably because of all that Swedish occupation from the middle of the CK2 time period onwards.
I'd say Finland is culturally scandinavian (now it is, I call it Sweden 1.5 and get hated by every other Finn in existance) but geographically it isn't.
But, as it was part of Sweden for 500 years or so, I really find no issues with it being inside Scandinavian Empire.

... but geographically it isn't. But, as it was part of Sweden for 500 years or so, I really find no issues with it being inside Scandinavian Empire.

I see a case being plausible for both sides. Gameplay results from the ai would be what I'd want to base whether it should or should not be dejure Scandinavian and so I'd want a lot of testing to be the final determinate.

Yes the now centuries old Arab Empire and milennia old Persian Empires have no claim. lol

He said 'European' Empires. Not Asian or African. :laugh: