• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

postfux

Sergeant
17 Badges
Nov 21, 2013
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Whenever I load a saved game with undeployed naval brigades they get downgraded to the oldest junk availabel. So instead of a shiny heavy armor you get a 1910 design :mad:.

I am not sure if this happens with other brigades as well since i dont tend to have them lying around.

Is there a way around this problem (except savegame editing)?

i experienced something similar, or maybe that exact same thing, i noticed it because adding my ship brigades didnt change any of the ships stats, so it might be an "outdated brigade". However, at some point later everything was normal again, dont know why or how. Just strange

i experienced something similar, or maybe that exact same thing, i noticed it because adding my ship brigades didnt change any of the ships stats, so it might be an "outdated brigade". However, at some point later everything was normal again, dont know why or how. Just strange

Perhaps you saw an upgrading of the brigade. Which doesnt happen with "special brigades" like heavy armour. If you unequip the ship and equip the "special brigade" first you can read in the unit description which brigade is equipped first.

Is it known whether this downgrading "auto reverses" after some time? The editing is a pain, espacially with no "sister ship" at Hand.

Hi,

Looked at a work around for this issue. Unfortunately, the fix is worse than the problem. So for now this is going to be a known issue. Only effects players as the AI doesn't build unattached brigades. So I suggest never finishing a Naval Brigade until you are ready to attach it.

mm

Hi,

Looked at a work around for this issue. Unfortunately, the fix is worse than the problem. So for now this is going to be a known issue. Only effects players as the AI doesn't build unattached brigades. So I suggest never finishing a Naval Brigade until you are ready to attach it.

mm

Great idea, i was already starting not to produce separate naval brigades. Continuing playing until brigade and ship is ready was seriously disrupting my sleep pattern and family life. :)

Thanks for the Input, sometimes its hard to see the obvious.

Hi,

mm

In a similar thread in the vanilla forum pang bingxun says the problem has been solved in 1.08.

I get two stacking penalty multipliers when I amphib.-assault. Even Using only marines and paying attention to not exceed the max. amphib size. Bug? Wad?

On a sidenote: when you get amphibassaulted there is no info from which seazone the attack is coming, makes it hard to to kill the enemy transports

I use CORE so I posted it in that forum, someone said it was hardcoded so i came here. I have max amphib landing size 6 researched.
View attachment 105413View attachment 105414

Try it again with only 3 attacking divisions. I suspect it has nothing to do with AoD, but only with the used mod. I suspect that your savegame does not use max_amphib_mod = 6.0000(or better) for your japan. One possible reason is some inconsistency within the tech tree. If you research a tech with max_amphib_mod = 6.0000 first and one tech with max_amphib_mod = 4.0000 second, than max_amphib_mod = 4.0000 applies.

Hi,

Really odd. The modifier max_amphib_mod is initially set to 0 in tech 1990. This is not researchable and every nation gets it initially to set a number of modifiers.

Amphibious Warfare 8050 also sets the value to 0
Basic Amphibious Operations 8570 sets the value to 1

Specialized Army Units 8670 sets the value to 3
Amphibious Operations Analysis 8590 sets the value to 6

Marine Unit Organization 8680 sets the value to 3
Marine Tactical Doctrine 8610 sets the value to 6

The issue of setting the modifier backwards was considered in the design process. It is possible to revert back to 3 from 6 by researching the Marine path after the Army path. But I don't see how it can revert to 0. So something is wrong here indeed.

mm

Really odd. The modifier max_amphib_mod is initially set to 0 in tech 1990. This is not researchable and every nation gets it initially to set a number of modifiers.

Does any nation start with a tech overwriting this value? Campaign start could be one source for problems. Setting the value to 0 seems odd to me. Maybe 1 would work, too?

Hi,

I'm working this for CORE. The command seems to be doing something odd. All of the nations with it defined as 0 or 1 show values in the save. But those that should have 3 show no value at all. We are using the command generally like vanilla AoD and setting a desired integer value. The Tech/Event shows the desired setting when it is referenced. Any ideas what the issue might be?

mm

May you quote from the code? Base Strike Doctrine 8060 looks like this in vanilla:

Code:
 effects =
    { command = { type = max_organization which = naval value = 15 }
      command = { type = morale which = naval value = 20 }
	command = { type = max_amphib_mod value = 4 }
      command = { type = deactivate which = 8070 }
      command = { type = deactivate which = 8080 }
    }

Hi,

Yes, we set these values on start up. But it seems to work ok for all of them set at 0 or 1. I also tried overwriting the start up value with an event driven 3 and still don't see any value in the save for the applicable nations. Here is the code:

effects = {
command = { type = max_amphib_mod value = 3 }
command = { type = task_efficiency which = amphibious_assault value = 0.03 }

command = { type = shore_attack which = infantry value = 3 } # 5
command = { type = shore_attack which = paratrooper value = 2 }
command = { type = shore_attack which = marine value = 1 }
command = { type = shore_attack which = bergsjaeger value = 2 }
command = { type = shore_attack which = militia value = 2 }
}

I don't currently have a clean AoD copy that I can reference. Any way you can check to see if an AoD save with a value greater than 1 shows it properly? Thanks!

mm

If you comment out both zero max_amphib_mod lines in the two tech files you'll see just five countries with value set to 1 in saves, no entries for other countries. Don't know how the game engines handles these no-entry-countries.