Magicka multiplayer is dead. How to make it alive…

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nanacano

Recruit
1 Badges
Feb 27, 2014
  • Magicka
Hello guys.
As it turned out I started played magicka too late. Because if you don’t have a group of players, then you will play alone. Of course you can try to wait for a group… one hour or more. And finally you will get a party, but you wasted all the enthusiasm.
The most host games is made with password, so you can’t join them.
So you can’t actually play with someone if you don’t have friends which have magicka. It is very stupid for cooperative game.
I have suggestion how to fix this situation:
I know two coop games which don’t have such problems – payday 2, left for dead 2. The point is that you can join the game which is going on. Or if you disconnect you can join again. Or if you host you can kick bad player.
It is very easy to find a game for one player. So if developers add these features In magicka then I will finally play with a group.

Thank you for the feedback nanacano. Sadly "Hot join" (as such a feature is called) is not an easy thing to implement and would need a complete re-write of the code. In short, I don't see it happening. But yes, it would have been awesome if it was in there.

I would really recommend playing the game with people you know though... even if it means they will forever hate you after you kill them over and over. But I do agree, the multiplayer seems quite dead, and I doubt it will see a revival anytime soon :(.

Why you dont sell the game for an cheap price ?
people who join this game late like me and nanacano feel very frustrating you dont wanna play alone an coop game

The game is frequently offered at discount etc. A permanent price change is not there yet. Some may argue that 9.99€ is rather cheap too.

Well if make cheap dont work let it be Free at least the Magikca you can still sell the DLC and earn money, many companys have been doing it and earn alot more money, certainly make the game for free and thus increase their number/pool of players is better than having a paid game that nobody plays.

At least let it be free for 1 week for people test it idk but free for me is the best solution, this game have none support to be a online game, there is bugs when you try play with people and even when you play you get Lag/latence why make people pay for an incomplete and old game.

It better earn money with cosmetics and let the game be free than let it dead like is right now.

Last edited:
There was actually a free to play weekend not too long ago.

Your feedback is noted, and I'm sure Magicka will be on discount more times in the future. And maybe a permanent price drop will happen at some point. This is not up to me however.