• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OP has a point, though

No, he doesn't. He's just gratuitously attacking some people to prove that his people are better than those people. There's no discussion of anything game-related or any interesting points about any mechanic being raised; it's all "I'm sad and disappointed that you exist in the same universe as I do, please stop doing it". EU4 "pure ad-hominem, no mechanics mentioned to keep the thread focused" style.

No, he doesn't. He's just gratuitously attacking some people to prove that his people are better than those people. There's no discussion of anything game-related or any interesting points about any mechanic being raised; it's all "I'm sad and disappointed that you exist in the same universe as I do, please stop doing it". EU4 "pure ad-hominem, no mechanics mentioned to keep the thread focused" style.
It isn't about "group" of people. I was always hating some changes (fictional empires/Sunset Invasion/earlier start dates) and loving others (all nerfs/balancing the game/more flavour for everyone).
I'm just a little sad, that in last months there is conflict over everything, and it isn't some nice discussion, but accusing someone of something. "youre trying to change my playstyle" etc.

Basically, what he said:

Before:

Feature X is released. Feature X is controversial.
A- "I agree with feature X because blahblahblah"
B- "I don't like feature X because blahblahblah"

Now:

Feature X is released. Feature X is controversial.

A- "I think the people who oppose Feature X play only for achievements and they're terrible people who are ruining my game"
B- "Clearly those who defend Feature X are mindless fanboys with an unhealthy obssession with the way everyone else plays"

It's the EU4 effect. The abysmal level of discussion in that board has spread here a bit.