• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Culture map mode.
9nn2.jpg

Damn, I didn't think they would extend de jure Cumania beyond it's current borders... It really bothers me that the other steppe guys get tribal titles while Cumania has that enormous de jure kingdom.

When is this expansion coming out anyway? Is there a date?

When is this expansion coming out anyway? Is there a date?

There were several posts about this one page earlier - but I won't judge :p No, there is not a confirmed release date yet. Due to the fact that this weeks dev diary is titled Free features 1 there is at least one more dev diary to go.

Depending on any new tactics, that Elephant retinue could kick some serious ass! 1070 worth of retinue points and has 470 Archers and 30 Elephants. It could really separate the Skirmish/Melee tactics (like the defense retinue) and also be really good at sieging too. :) :) :)

I'm definitely hoping for it. Should be Buddhist Mongols in game terms, aye?

Buddhist, yes (and devoutly so!). Though the Khitan shoud properly be their own culture even though they were related to the Mongols (at least linguistically) for various reasons, most importantly the fact that by the time they become relevant to CKII's map, they were extremely Sinicized to the point where they successfully conned all of their Muslim subjects into thinking they were the great Chinese empire (since apparently their Muslim subjects felt it was better to live under the ruler of heathens who were nevertheless just, civilized, etch, rather than the barbaric bloodthirsty Muslim warlords they we're used to - very useful for propaganda). Well, maybe the Khitan did believe it themselves. Heck I'd rather see the Khitan included with the Chinese in a culture group if the Chinese are ever added, despite Khitan being linguistically close to Mongolian - culturally, historically, politically, etc., it just makes more sense that say to me.

Buuuut if the devs don't want to add in a Khitan culture Mongol would be the next best thing.

Can only add the Khitan if the culture automatically gives you the Deceitful trait.