• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vegetassj2345

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 30, 2004
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Hi, i would want to know how does it works the sphere of influence system in Vic ii.

As Austria i should add in my sphere all the German states, but one after another they are removed from my sphere by Prussia, Russia etc.

I dont think i should take care about my spheres of influence all the time... so, is there some automatic way to manage my sphere of influence? or at least some tricks to keep and add more nations in it?

My second question is about the military power of the single nations.In Vic 1 i can see it near the flag es France 128..means that France could deploy 128 divisions..now in Victoria ii? How can i see how strong is a nation about the military aspect?

Thank for your Answers.

You need to continually invest influence into a nation to keep others from taking your sphere. The most efficient way is very micro-management intensive, and requires you to watch it and wait for another nation to get up to Friendly with 95 or so influence, then ban their embassy, you then use your influence to knock them down the ladder, if you wish, or just get back to 100 banked. You can expel their advisors if all you care about is influence efficiency, but you won't have the year of breathing room in the sphereling if you do that. You can maintain a very large sphere this way.

To put it on autopilot, just put all of your spherelings at the same amount of influence point use per day. This will bleed a lot of your influence into random countries, though, and you'll start getting hit with random +1 infamy events a lot later in the game.

To see how many brigades a nation has, and their tech level, go to Diplomacy and go to either the Wars or War Justifications tab, then select the nation (or select the nation first, then go there). It will show up in the box to the right, along with their navy and some other stats.