• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nope, not at the time you posted. You started the election campaign on the seventh, so the tenth would be the final day. It was before 20:00 GMT at the time, so I couldn't count the vote.

However, now I can.

In the election category, the vote went as follows:
Andre Massena was voted for by Andre Massena, Vidmizz and Tabanese.
The next ruler of Tuscany then shall be Andre Massena.

Sliders defer to the last result, which was Naval.

In the mobilizations category, the results were as follows:
Mobilized was voted for by Andre Massena and Tabanese.
Therefore, the country is ready and willing to go to war.

Have fun! ;)

On June 16, 1607, Prince Leopoldo Barberini Saltalamacchia was unanimously chosen by his fellow aristocrats to lead Tuscany once again.

JlvmzGq.png

Most of the first five years of Leopoldo Barberini Saltalamacchia's second term concerned the Great Crusade against Zapotec Paganism. It took many months to travel across the Atlantic and rendezvous the American army with the army coming from Tuscany. But finally, on December of 1607, the troops were in position to land on Zapotec. War was declared.

4gklmec.png

It took a year for the fortress at Belize to fall. The Tuscan army then moved against the natives. The natives felt confident because of their superior numbers. They had fought Europeans and had held the world's greatest power to a standstill. But they were wrong to be so confident. The Tuscan army annihilated Zapotec on their ancestral homeland and finally destroyed them a few weeks later.

gM92G55.png

f9CeDCf.png

The American army spent the next five years besieging the jungle hideouts of the Zapotec. The soldiers were hungry, afraid, diseased, and far from home, but Tuscan discipline won out. Within five years, the entire southern portion of Zapotec fell into Tuscan hands. Prince Leopoldo signed a peace in which the Zapotec were forced to cede six provinces as well as 450 ducats. Over the course of the war, it was discovered that the Zapotec were incredibly rich and had horded gold for centuries ((they have sooo much money that we can get from them in later wars)). Missionaries were immediately sent from Africa, where they had waged a successful Christianization campaign for decades, to the new provinces to save thousands of souls.

nWNVw0I.png

TdMhzUv.png

But war was not the only interesting thing to occur over those years. The king of Naples was finally "convinced" to abdicate his throne and the people of Naples rejoiced at becoming a part of the mighty Tuscan Empire. Whether there were backroom deals promising Neapolitan aristocrats that they would receive new positions under an "Italian" kingdom is uncertain, as the exact conversations are lost to history.

eAFYiVL.jpg

pbvyo7q.png

Prince Leopoldo gave the navy many subsidies and gifts for their valiant crossing of the Atlantic to make the war possible. Many generals were not pleased with this, although some continued to fight on in the jungles.

8E1EhyO.png

sITZP8P.png

Trade boomed as the Tuscan Empire expanded her tentacles throughout the world. Many merchants disagreed about Tuscan trade policy, as some favored mercantilism while others favored free trade. Prince Leopoldo liked the Tuscan merchants who dominated the two Tuscan trade centers but he encouraged the merchants to expand their horizons and promote Tuscan trade elsewhere.

S9VFbJj.png

2ogog5N.png

Over the past half-century, thousands of Italians flocked to the province of Saltalamacchia in Africa. The province's economic prospects shrank after its center of trade had vanished many years ago, but Italians continued to move there. Meanwhile, the native African population became decimated by disease. By 1609, most of the population of Saltalamacchia was Italian.

mIpXV37.png

Prussia insisted that Novgorod break all relations with Tuscany in a peace treaty. Prince Leopoldo was confused at the news as he was unaware that Tuscany had any relations with Novgorod or if anyone in the Tuscan government or merchant corps had ever met anyone from Novgorod.

mn0fOou.png

I'll finish the rest of my term soon.

I think it may have been cuendillar who did some deals with novgorod. I remember him talking about some russians but i'm too lazy to check
I'm almost certain that was me. They kind of liked us, which very few others did, so I got open borders with them for the small annual relations bonus. Just a little something that could have led to more serious alliance overtures down the road - or at least counter the penalty for having different religions. Instead of letting the diplomats hit five, I tend to set up stuff like that just in case. Marriages works better, but not every nation is a monarchy.

What allies do we have, by the way?

I'm almost certain that was me. They kind of liked us, which very few others did, so I got open borders with them for the small annual relations bonus. Just a little something that could have led to more serious alliance overtures down the road - or at least counter the penalty for having different religions. Instead of letting the diplomats hit five, I tend to set up stuff like that just in case. Marriages works better, but not every nation is a monarchy.

What allies do we have, by the way?

Just our vassals: Sicily, Holland, Leinster, and Cornwall.

Term is over. Not much happened in the last few years except some random revolts, more building, and a major army and naval recruitment drive.

Austria fought against most of Europe and paid a steep price for it. Tyrol was released as a separate state that borders us. Interesting...

fGNl3wp.png

Z3yTwgS.png

Great Britain used the pope to excommunicate France

yB8btND.png

Byzantium falls again

9T62s1I.png

The emperor asks us to return Cremona. We of course tell him to f off. Observers remark how diplomatic our response was.

8DdI1hG.png

u9CAsPJ.png

We seize the assets of a dead merchant. The state needs it more than his stupid family.

KQHHCWF.png

All in all, it was a prosperous time for Tuscany. Our trade and income boomed and dozens of buildings were constructed. The Tuscan Colonial Company colonized must of the west and east coast of South America (forgot to take screenshot).

Finally, our army and navy dramatically increased. Thousands of good citizens are ready to fight, sail, and explore for the greatest nation in the world.

dx5EZs7.png

Only time shall tell what the future holds for dear Tuscany.

Save: https://www.mediafire.com/?7q7646nf761r5f6

So we need an election and a new slider vote. I, of course, can not run (and probably won't run for some time).

(ELECTION: TABANESE)

Christmas is coming, so I may just get a chance to sit down and relax for a change. :)

Which is why I'll put myself forward. You don't need a reason to elect me, surely? :p

(SLIDER: NAVAL)

Empire doctrine and all.

(DEFCON: MOBILIZED)

I'm not planning to go to war but as we have an army, I'd like the option to do so.

(ELECTION: TABANESE)

Finally someone who informs and get permission from the Signoria. I will gladly vote for you.

(SLIDER: QUALITY)

It is infuriating that we do not have full quality yet.

(DEFCON: MOBILIZED)

If you see the opportunity to expand the Empire power take it.

Election: TABANESE

Slider: INNOVATIVE

DEFCON: MOBILIZED

We have a big army so we can use it. The only problem is that infamy is high. Some good targets are Zapotec (once the truce is over) and the remaining African states. Could also finish Milan up or take Genoa and Venice.

Last edited:
I just wanted to leave a message to you guys to wish you and your families a very nice holiday time with each other

Came here to do the same. And to confirm my election. I'll be playing the game sometime during the week.

So, Merry Christmas to all the Tuscan Nobles. Et Fridianus hopes to bring you the gift of a greater Tuscany before New Years. :)

iCNAIx6.jpg

My fellow members of the house!

I bring to you a motion to petition the Dukes of Sicily to give up their political claims in exchange for peerage in this hallowed hall. Full integration of Calabria into Tuscany would benefit the people of both. Cultural similarity and institutional parsimony are arguments for annexation; poverty and ruin the only values separation upholds! Therefore, I request that each member here approve this motion!

Voting category is ANNEX; preferences are YAY and NAY. Deadline is the 01/01/2015 at 20:00 GMT.

(ANNEX: YAY)

... and eh... Happy New Year. I really enjoy coming onto this forum to play this game when I can. :)

ANNEX:NAY

The overwhelming victory of the pacifists in the (long-ago) referendum seems to have been ignored. This travesty must not be allowed to stand!