• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Plutocracy - I would prefer Centralisation but I never do it first as it is risky revolt wise. While I realise plutocracy is too, I think it is probably slightly less risky but still worthwhile.

Plutocracy is just as risky as Centralisation. A stack that will trump our military one out of three times. That means erratic sliders, the cost of replacing an army, the cost of a siege and an even weaker starting state. :(

Free Subjects would be a nice move but if we leave it, we have a one in three chance of wiping away some early inflation via Better Administration. ;)

I implore both of you: Cast a Quality vote! :D

Last edited:
I vote for no early colonization of the Americas. Florence is a landlocked nation in Italy, squabbling with other small Italian states. We lack both the position, the funds and the motives for exploring the vast waters to the east.

It's not historically plausible to be one of the first colonizers. Once we've built a powerbase in Italy then sure, but not before.
For some crazy reason, I thought we had a coast. I must of been thinking of Pisa.

Election: KingofEurope

We need a coast to trade and maybe someday colonize.

Election:Gandalf553
I will make sure that our country remains powerful in diplomacy and trade.I will try to get us an access to the sea.The country will join one of the trading leagues and get some
good allies.

Oh and last but not least:No enemy shall pass!:laugh:

Voting closed at 17:00 GMT. The Voting has being counted.

With regard to Slider moves, the vote went as follows:
Quality was voted for by Tabanese, Eon47 and thaWitchKing.
Plutocracy was voted for by AsdfeZxcas and 1anrs
Centralisation was voted for by Andre Massena
Free Subject was voted for by Panzer Commader and Kingofeurope.

Quality is therefore the victor, with the most votes. The change must happen as soon as possible and no later than the end of the following term.

With regard to Elections, the vote went as follows:
Tabanese was voted for by Tabanese, Vidmizz and Panzer Commader. Eon47 attempted to vote for Tabanese but the post indicates this vote was cast at 17:13, which was beyond the deadline. (Sorry Econ47 but fair is fair.)
KingofEurope was voted for by KingofEurope and AsdfeZxcas.
Gandalf553 was voted for by Gandalf553.

Thus, the next leader of Tuscany shall be Tabanese. (Yay! :p )

New elections will commence as soon as he has finished his term and posted the save.

And there you have it. I'll do my best to fulfil my mandate. :)

Question for the community:
I've being wondering how best to incorporate role-playing and what not into this game. Since we can't have parties, one way to go about it would be to have Dynasties that stand for particular values. Would it be wise (or possible) to allow players to modify the save so that their character can always have the Dynasty name, as oppose to being completely random. Just a thought. :)

Last edited:
With regard to Elections, the vote went as follows:
Tabanese was voted for by Tabanese, Vidmizz and Panzer Commader. Eon47 attempted to vote for Tabanese but the post indicates this vote was cast at 17:13, which was beyond the deadline. (Sorry Econ47 but fair is fair.)
Yeah, I should probably figure out how GMT works. :eek:o In any case, the dynasty name idea sounds excellent.

Last edited:
I like the sound of the 'Von Estonie' Dynasty. :)

Is it possible then to do as I suggested?

Oh, EVERYONE, another question, this one more urgent and something I'm going to just make an executive decision on in the next hour to avoid stalling but what game options should we play under?

I've being doing some reading and it seems low aggression and lucky nations seem to make for better mid and endgames. There is debate as to whether we difficulty helps the AI vs AI, with some saying the bonuses to income help give the AI the muscle to survive. Lastly, setting the land and sea spread ridiculously high helps to ensure only the nations that 'kit-out' for colonisation do. Inflation is another bug-bear for those who want a good game but I like it as a trade off tool. Then you've got all the advisor and stuff...

Any thoughts?

Everything that's about people should be "normal", as the other options are bugged.

I've tried to set spread of land & sea to 200 to stop the patchworks but all it does is leave most of the new world uncolonized throughout the game. Quite a terrible idea unless you want to make sure you're the only real colonizer.

Free merchants can sometimes be good but as traiding is going to be a major part of our game I think it'd be too much of an advantage.

Colonist size to max, definitely. Nice & big colonial empires ftw!

Inflation to normal, removing inflation removes so many considerations it's not even fun anymore.

AI aggressivness and difficulty to whatever you want. Normal on both seems fair. Or low aggressivness to keep us safe for the early game