• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The plague of war has gone on for too long, is it not time to white peace and allow our citizens to prosper?

I despise this blood thirsty faction that has seized control of our once proud nation.

True, but I spent practically my entire second term just stabilizing the country and filling the treasury to prepare for war. it would be a waste to just sit on our hands now.

The plague of war has gone on for too long, is it not time to white peace and allow our citizens to prosper?

I despise this blood thirsty faction that has seized control of our once proud nation.

Never

If we allow the enemy to escape now then all our men would have died in vain and the Milanese and Neapolitan tyrants would destroy us the next chance they got.

True, but I spent practically my entire second term just stabilizing the country and filling the treasury to prepare for war. it would be a waste to just sit on our hands now.

I usually play the role of stabilizer :p

We can afford long wars muuuch more than we could fifty years ago

Hope it's allright to chime in again, in spite of my long absence from the game.

Welcome back! :D

With regard to the peace treaty, I propose we remove Baden from Milan, and then send spies to Mora if we do not seek Cuendillar's plan. We can incite the revolution, obtaining both results. Additionally, the Empire seems exhausted. Future Princes should note that in addition to the need for Churches and Courtrooms (to make our great bulk less of a hindrance), they must build arsenals and training grounds to tap our manpower wells.

Economically speaking, how are we faring? Long wars may be sustainable but they have their drawback still. In order to fight this war, did you need to rely upon the treasury? If so, has inflation remained stable or has it changed?

While I am against the bloodshed, was it not their arrogant claims upon our border that sparked this conflict? The Empire is a great power; others should not feel confident in transgressing against her.

Oh and welcome back as well. :)

Last edited:
Inflation has actually slowly dropped (but only at .01 a month) since I hired a master of mint. I took out one loan during the crisis in the northern front when I massively built up the army but we can easily pay it back when its due.

I'll finish up tomorrow since I only have a few months left in my term. I think I might hand sit out the election if the war doesn't end by then.

Building is a good idea and we should have the funds for it now.

Never

If we allow the enemy to escape now then all our men would have died in vain and the Milanese and Neapolitan tyrants would destroy us the next chance they got.
I reject, outright, this assumption that war is out only option. We must retreat back to our natural borders and focus on what really matters, the happiness of our people.

My Right Honorable friends, you have allowed yourseves to become infected with the fervent malaria that is war. We have sullied the land of The Lord, we have sullied the lands of our coloured brothers and we will sully the lives of our children unless we stop the madness and listen to reason. We must make a stand here, as leaders of the free world, to show our neighbours that war (and indeed the ethnic cleansing of Africa) is never the answer and can never be justified.

God demands the Rome is returned to it's rightful owner. I demand that we stop the killing.

I wish to table a motion forbiding the use of war as a tool of diplomacy for the next 10 years.

I reject, outright, this assumption that war is out only option. We must retreat back to our natural borders and focus on what really matters, the happiness of our people.

My Right Honorable friends, you have allowed yourseves to become infected with the fervent malaria that is war. We have sullied the land of The Lord, we have sullied the lands of our coloured brothers and we will sully the lives of our children unless we stop the madness and listen to reason. We must make a stand here, as leaders of the free world, to show our neighbours that war (and indeed the ethnic cleansing of Africa) is never the answer and can never be justified.

God demands the Rome is returned to it's rightful owner. I demand that we stop the killing.

I wish to table a motion forbiding the use of war as a tool of diplomacy for the next 10 years.

Thats a little extreme...

Why don't you just run for head prince next election? Andre is just wrapping up his term. I'd vote for you.

I demand this man be imprisoned for treason against the Republic!

I'll finish tonight

Cacra is a traitor to the empire and should be imprisoned!! :angry:

iamme is supporting the traitor too they must be british spys i say we imprison him too

Last edited:
War Report III

Rejoice, Tuscans: the war is over! Tuscan citizens dance in the streets of Florence to celebrate the victory while wives mourn the husbands, sons, and brothers they lost fighting this great patriotic war. Tuscany is now master of Italy in all but name.

Milan capitulated to our terms. Their hegemony over Northern Italy is left in ruins, although they are still a formidable force.

iI4jPvi.png

Smelling weakness, Switzerland and the Palatinate both declare war on Milan for parts of Baden. Interestingly, this draws Hungary and Austria against each other. The Palatinate beats the Swiss to the punch and annexes all of Baden immediately after we free them :laugh:

TstFxSB.png

PnvcqJj.png

I re-ally Sicily and Sokoto has the gall to warn us.

GyWb0bi.png

The grueling siege of Abruzzi ends at long last. This marks the end of the war, as Naples is forced to the peace table.

FFJYZEN.png

We couldn't get 100 warscore since Naples has two random colonies in Africa that we did not occupy, though I doubt we would want them. I propose two separate treaties for you all to weigh in on. The first one would have us annex Abruzzi and Apulia (since we can't take Naples and I doubt it's worth the infamy hit to take colonies), seize all of Naples' gold, and cancel all of Naples' diplomatic treaties (obviously cancelling the alliance with Milan is the benefit for us here, though you could argue we both want them alllied so we could take them down at once.

zemVwha.png

The second treaty is simpler: we vassalize Naples and take as much money as possible.

nujuGPf.png

What do you guys think? I know I promised this to be my last update but I want your input on this because it is a tough decision.

Long live Tuscany!

We should annex there 2 provinces, if we vassal them it would probably be a while before we could diplo-annex them

--

Is it possible to burn down or seize the colonies on Naples so we can quickly control them? As vassals they will prove useful in Italy but their choice of further lands could leave us exposed should we annex them at a later date. We do not want to waste money protecting provinces of no use. We could end up trying to annex a country of 7-8 provinces not the current 5 and there is no guarantee they would accept. We would also not be taking proper advantage of the Border Friction which allowed this war to start. Should we isolate them as an independent nation then they would be vulnerable to outside attack, do we want more opponents in Italy?

You talk a traitorous talk my friend. If you didn't want war you should have spoke up before it happened not when it's over. It would be a great waste of lives to just leave everything as it was. You also want to get rid of our african colonies? Where do you think we will get our money from then? You want rome to be returned to the Pope? That's treason you know, you want to break our country apart

Vassalizing has the advantage of letting us diplo-annex them later on for two free cores (with the mission). We will not get these cores when we form Italy. It also makes it easier for us to restabilize our country and gives fewer revolt-prone provinces. Also, it sounds like we're behind on infrastructure as it is, so more unimproved territory isn't really in our interest right now.

Their possible growth isn't much of an issue, I've managed to get 14-province nations to accept (at likely, even) so we get them when we want to. Any junk territory could always be sold off to another vassal

TREATY: Vassalization

Tuscany must be in the only true religion, those Tuscan tyrannic aristocrats are only greeding for money, while doing everything in the name of god. Join us, our Tuscan brothers, Believe in the true god, where greed and pride are replaced by True Equality and Just. We, though containing the wealth of Tuscany, shall not use it to bring more blood to Tuscan Arms and above all, the Tuscan heart, the people. We bring you, true believers of God, everything, that those sinful fake-believers are too greedy to give. My brothers and sisters, I call you to stand up against the tyranny, that Tuscany has fallen into. If this madness continues, Tuscany will fall into age of darkness. the Von Estonie family will bring Tuscany the true Knowledge, true religion. Join us! Join us, and create a better world!

You should do so by declaring the following: The category, the preliminary preference options for which to vote, and the deadline. The deadline is constitutionally fixed as 72 hours, pushed to the nearest 20:00GMT but still requires declaration. Having do so, when the vote is counted, the majority preference will be enacted. Nay is a generic preference that rejects the vote completely.

Rejoice, Tuscans: the war is over! Tuscan citizens dance in the streets of Florence to celebrate the victory while wives mourn the husbands, sons, and brothers they lost fighting this great patriotic war. Tuscany is now master of Italy in all but name.

I wish to express sorrow to the people of Tuscany whom have lost family members, friends and significant others in the war. They were significant others for us in the signora too, as all citizens belong to each other, in the bonds of fraternity and sorority. We shall conclude this war in the way that will honor their deaths.

House Saltalamacchia, congratulations from Et Fridianus for ensuring Tuscan hegemony in Italy!

Vassalizing has the advantage of letting us diplo-annex them later on for two free cores (with the mission). We will not get these cores when we form Italy. It also makes it easier for us to restabilize our country and gives fewer revolt-prone provinces. Also, it sounds like we're behind on infrastructure as it is, so more unimproved territory isn't really in our interest right now.

Their possible growth isn't much of an issue, I've managed to get 14-province nations to accept (at likely, even) so we get them when we want to. Any junk territory could always be sold off to another vassal

TREATY: Vassalization

How long and what conditions would Tuscany have to meet to successfully integrate the domain of Naples? Would it be possible for current Tuscany to obtain Naples in less than 30 years?

I am for vassalisation too, both to take full control of southern Italy but also to give weaker Princes a vassal that could offer real support in future wars with Milan. If annexation of a vassal Naples occurs in less than 50 years, we achieve the optimal use of the lands, for the people of Naples will more readily give their lives for their local despots in the short term.

What do you guys think? I know I promised this to be my last update but I want your input on this because it is a tough decision.

Long live Tuscany!
We should white peace and send them a token gift to reaffirm our commitment to peace.

Well then, how should we procede?

Category: Foreign Affairs.

Options
1). Disown war as a tool of diplomacy indefinetly
2). Disown war as a tool of diplomacy for a period of 10 years.
3). Continue on our path of murder and ethnic cleansing.

Vote to be completed by the 3rd of Novermber at 20:00 GMT.