• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Who is a bad enough dude to win the 2013 Iron HeAARt?

• We, the People by Avindian

Votes: 3 4,8%
  • The Terror of the Black Sea by Belgiumruler

Votes: 7 11,1%
  • Blitz Carnage by CptEasy

Votes: 49 77,8%
  • Defeat or Victory by Zorro

Votes: 2 3,2%
  • We shall not go gently by Zorro

Votes: 2 3,2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Last edited:
Make sure you're responding in the poll above, everyone! I won't count votes just included here in the thread. :)

I vote for "The Terror of the Black Sea" by my good friend Belgiumruler :)

Hmm, how can I see what I voted or if I voted at all?

You can only vote once, so if it will let you vote, you haven't voted. :)

It's CptEasy's world -- we're just living in it. I doubt very much anybody is surprised to see the winner of this awAARd, which will likely go to CptEasy for as long as he and his crew continue playing such fascinating games and writing about them for us. What wonders will they wreak with HOIV? Who can say??

A very respectable second place finish for Belgiumruler's AAR on Romania -- a difficult feat in and of itself. I'd like to personally thank all of the players in my We, the People AAR -- the third place finish really belongs to you, not the secretary who took everything down. :)

It's CptEasy's world -- we're just living in it. I doubt very much anybody is surprised to see the winner of this awAARd, which will likely go to CptEasy for as long as he and his crew continue playing such fascinating games and writing about them for us. What wonders will they wreak with HOIV? Who can say??

Wow. This has an epic feeling to it.

As I am sure I am not the best writer (as you know I quit the narratives long ago as it seemed people did not care very much for those) I am actually quite curious what it is I manage to capture that people like so much. Personally, I am a complete sucker for bashing my wits against others in an as even battle as possible and I think that is what lies behind the success of the Carnage Series. They are, most of the time, very even and they are bound to offer surprises of different kind as we are 8 experienced players trying to out-smart each other. As we are long-standing friends, most of us, we have no incentives for cheating or do cheesy tricks (although we sometimes argue where that boundary lies ;)). There's no point in winning if it's not considered "fair" by the other. Most of us is also deeply interested in the era as such and that gives our gameplay another layer.

So - this grand title would not be possible without the other players who share the visions on how a good game should be. It would not be so good if we didn't have such different strengths and weaknesses (I have seen some rather correct analyzes of that). It would not be so good if they did not add chapters now and then or if they didn't respond to your questions now and then. It would not be so good if I didn't get my ass kicked so many times (so you can never trust the outcome). Lastly - the stories would not be at all if not for the great support from the forum.

I have told my wife several times that I should quit writing AARs due to time constrains. Thanks to you that haven’t happen. Thanks to you, even though I get another kid next week, the next AAR has is already out there with two chapters.

Thanks.