• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Who shall be the very first WritAAR of the Year?

• Avindian

Votes: 10 27,8%
  • DensleyBlair

Votes: 10 27,8%
  • Migthy

Votes: 3 8,3%
  • Tanzhang

Votes: 13 36,1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
New for 2013 is the WritAAR of the Year award, in which the best AAR writer (with at least three updates in two AARs) will be crowned. We already had our nominations, and the nominees are:

Avindian :)blush:)
DensleyBlair
Migthy
Tanzhang

Use the poll above to indicate your vote! Voting ends 1 April 2014!

What happens if it is a tie?

What happens if it is a tie?

This:

7f7f430334008de5959930a2ac9b205f_zpsd45cec27.jpg

:D

If it finishes with a tie, the two people who tie are required to fight to the death in Thunderdome.

If it finishes with a tie, the two people who tie are required to fight to the death in Thunderdome.
[video=youtube;MkvUNfySGQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkvUNfySGQU[/video]

And who will be Hugh Blair? Tony Robinson? Jennifer Lawrence? Morgan Freeman? :p

Contrafibulations © and derivative forms are intellectual property of Gen. Marshall and those thereby licensed. Contrafibularitor Gen. Marshall hereby expresses the express expression that contrafibulations must go to Tanzhang in this respect, while the Right Honourable Densley Blair basks in glory as Newcomer of the Year.

Contrafibulations © and derivative forms are intellectual property of Gen. Marshall and those thereby licensed. Contrafibularitor Gen. Marshall hereby expresses the express expression that contrafibulations must go to Tanzhang in this respect, while the Right Honourable Densley Blair basks in glory as Newcomer of the Year.

I think that would be fair enough, however, Avindian is making some headway towards making it a threeway.

Our very first WritAAR of the Year is... drumroll please...

Tanzhang!

A very worthy winner, I must say; consistently well written, in depth AARs. I know my first Tanzhang AAR was, I think, his very first, about the Netherlands in Vicky 2. Congratulations Tanzhang!

A well deserved thumbs up to DensleyBlair for second place, and whoever that other guy is that's tied with him. I've yet to read your stuff, Migthy, but rest assured it is on the short list.

My most sincere contrafibularities! Without wishing to offend either of my esteemed runners-up, in my eyes the best writer won. Certainly, My Honourable Friend— sorry, wrong thread. :p Tanzhang is someone from whom I (unashamedly, I might add) draw inspiration in my own writing. Both his prose and overall execution are of the highest standard, and my only qualm is that United We Shall Remain, well, remains unfinished. :D

Congratulations once again!

For the record, I'm also very grateful to all those of you who decided to vote for me. To be able to say that even at one point I was leading this pack of highly talented writers is reward enough. :)

How about those who actively campaigned against you? :D

How about you transfer the rights to all contrafibularities, and derivations thereof, over to me, then promise to sign a contract requiring you to comment at least once after each update in A Biography? I feel this would be suitable recompense. :D

Perhaps a brief trip to the gallows?

Heaven forbid something so illiberal!

How about you transfer the rights to all contrafibularities, and derivations thereof, over to me, then promise to sign a contract requiring you to comment at least once after each update in A Biography? I feel this would be suitable recompense. :D

As the civilized, honourable young man I am, of course I am willing to compensate for emotional damage. I will, however, never in my life, do something as barbaric as you propose. To hand over all rights to contrafibularities, and derivations thereof? Sure, go ahead; but I will never in my life pledge to comment on your AAR! ;)