What will the paradox game that covers our time frame be like?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes because Crimea having a referendum is Russia aggressively expanding[/sarcasm].

And the UK and France are puppets of America.

oh god. wake up smell the ashes. a vote on joining a country who's occupying your region on "ethinc protection" grounds with unmarked goons who speak Russian isn't a referendum, it IS an aggressive expansion. just ask Czechoslovakia.

and really? did Tsar Putin tell you that, or did you come to that conclusion on your own?

The only way a modern Paradox strategy game could exist would be if it could place in the future in a fictional scenario of both NATO and the EU dissolving. You can't have a Paradox game without war and still be entertaining.

The only way a modern Paradox strategy game could exist would be if it could place in the future in a fictional scenario of both NATO and the EU dissolving. You can't have a Paradox game without war and still be entertaining.

actually that's mostly what east vs west was aiming for. though a main problem is the sheer monotony between wars.

Sweden would still be overpowered.

I think it would involve forming of the European union, and reforming it into a nation. Kind of like the hre in eu4. And I am sure that someone (looking at you DGRjake) would form the nation of europe as Luxenbourg or Andorra.

Yes, you can. Just look at VickyII, you can play it (almost) completly peacefull, and still have a fun game.

Closest we got to modern times was EvW with paradox...best game I ever heard of and didn´t even played. Modern times can be fun but I guess to many variables.

Crusader Kings - Dynasties
Europa Universalis - Colonies
Victoria - Industries
Hearts of Iron - Wars
Hypothetical Cold War - Politics