• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is a very good reason China never bothered with military campaigns into India (and vice versa) and that's the Himalayas. Besides the obvious high altitudes much of the Himalayas is also a salt desert. This makes it one of the harshest environments on Earth and any attempt at warfare a folly. As an added bonus you get the Taklamakan on the Chinese side. That's the desert with the epithet of death.
While there was a brief border war between China and India in the 60s, even then more soldiers died from the climate than from enemy fire.

And wasn't Tibet pretty much in anarchy from 850's onwards? Of course, it would not differ that much from situation of, for example, Iberia in 1066 start. I assume Burmese people did not do extensive forays into India as their borders seem fairly stable on a quick look.

From 1066 start date there were only two massive invasions in real history - crusading hordes from west and mongol hordes from east, thats all. Lets stop fantasy. And consider what character are you playing that everybody want to invade you? What for?

From 1066 start date there were only two massive invasions in real history - crusading hordes from west and mongol hordes from east, thats all. Lets stop fantasy. And consider what character are you playing that everybody want to invade you? What for?

Still, the Sunset Invasion DLC wasn't a terrible thing. After all, it was a breather for those who got stuck doing history research for God knows how long.

The other option for an invader into India would be the Chagatai Khanate, though that would have to come from the North to make the most sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagatai_Khanate

Yeah but that and china don't fix the issue of all the hoards coming from the center of the map now. If there was going to be an invading force coming from the east it would need to be something situated east and south of india because both the Himalayas and the deep jungle in south east asia cut off northern asia from southern asia. The only real options are 1. South East Asians, 2. Australia Aborigines 3. the Inca. The Inca already have precedent. Also if the aztecs have boats and have discovered new land and communicate enough with the inca for even europeans to know a bit about them then i think its safe to assume that alternate history inca have boats and might want to circumnavigate the aztecs to found their own empires abroad. Also if the aztecs and Europeans in the current phantasy mod have as much communication as they make it seem then both the aztecs and inca should in theory know about asia and form their own ideas about how to reach it.

Yeah but that and china don't fix the issue of all the hoards coming from the center of the map now. If there was going to be an invading force coming from the east it would need to be something situated east and south of india because both the Himalayas and the deep jungle in south east asia cut off northern asia from southern asia. The only real options are 1. South East Asians, 2. Australia Aborigines 3. the Inca. The Inca already have precedent. Also if the aztecs have boats and have discovered new land and communicate enough with the inca for even europeans to know a bit about them then i think its safe to assume that alternate history inca have boats and might want to circumnavigate the aztecs to found their own empires abroad. Also if the aztecs and Europeans in the current phantasy mod have as much communication as they make it seem then both the aztecs and inca should in theory know about asia and form their own ideas about how to reach it.

So what you're suggesting is an absolute nightmare for the Old World caused by the New World? Man, the Aztec Invasion surprised me enough when I first played this game...

Didn't Timurlame invade India?

I know his realm did and founded the Mughal Empire, but I'm not too sure about Timurlame himself invading India.

He took Delhi after having fought against the Delhi Sultanate. I don't think he held it on a permanent basis, but he did invade.

There is a very good reason China never bothered with military campaigns into India (and vice versa) and that's the Himalayas. Besides the obvious high altitudes much of the Himalayas is also a salt desert. This makes it one of the harshest environments on Earth and any attempt at warfare a folly. As an added bonus you get the Taklamakan on the Chinese side. That's the desert with the epithet of death.
While there was a brief border war between China and India in the 60s, even then more soldiers died from the climate than from enemy fire.

This is actually the best point about this idea, in my opinion.

North Korean invasion:

0104-nk_full_600.jpg

They already made a cameo in game mechanics...

What does this have to do with anything?

It's an invasion from the East. Surely that was completely obvious... :huh:

I think the fact that it's a picture of a modern country confused the connection a bit. :p

Well if we can have a completely ahistoric departure from the feudal system under NKM why not time-machines too :).

And cyborg-samurai!

Last edited:
No, just no. I bought SI to support CKII but I never play it. Historical accuracy, please.

If they add Korea then we'll be able to play North Korea mode in North Korea :D

With decent stewardship and legalism, you wouldn't really need more than 1 or 2 count-level vassals in the area of the map which is currently occupied by North Korea anyway; it's only about 30% larger than Ireland. :p