• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bairdlander

Major
14 Badges
Jun 5, 2007
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III
Getting back into this after a long time.I played HOI2 a lot,but AoD never made it to war start.What really pissed me off with HOI2 was when getting military access from an ally,then attacking a neighbouring country,the province taken went to control of ally country I attacked from.Is this still the case with AoD?

There are a couple of ways around this. First, it's not the military access that's the problem (you get that automatically with an ally) but the alliance. So one way to handle it is to keep your jumping off point neutral with military access until you conquer your first enemy province beyond it. That province will become your territory, so you can then bring your friendly neutral into your alliance while using the newly conquered province as your new staging point.

Second, you can have your alliance as normal and use the 'acceptall' cheat to get your ally to transfer the first enemy province conquered to you. Then, again, you use this as your staging point and your away.

Additionally, you can use paratroopers to take the first bordering province then capture the rest of the territory from that location.