• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

co_martsu

Colossal Order CEO
Colossal Order Dev
1 Badges
Aug 25, 2010
  • Colossal Order Staff
Hi Everyone!

We at Colossal Order (and the good people at Paradox Interactive) are extremely happy to announce that the European buildings are making a grand return! Some of you might have guessed that we have been working on a bigger expansion for a while now and finally we can tell you about it.

You guys gave us the idea to bring back the old European style buildings, since this has been the most requested feature for a long time. However, we thought just bringing in the building sets was not enough, so we made three new maps inspired by famous cities in the UK, Germany and the Czech Republic. We have also added a campaign with six new challenging scenarios.

We’re looking forward to see what you’ll make with these over 30 new European style buildings, so don’t forget to put your cities up on Steam Workshop (or at least a fancy screenshot!).

dusseldorfB02.jpgpragueB04.jpgpragueB05.jpgliverpoolB03.jpg

EDIT: Cities in Motion 2: European Cities DLC will be available March 11, 2014.

Last edited:
Looks great, thanks CO. WHen it will be available? And what cities are those maps based on?

This is exactly why Paradox usually makes the announcements ;) The expansion will be available in a couple of weeks, I just really wanted to share this with you guys, since it's always at the top of the suggestions! The cities we chose to use as references for the new maps were Liverpool, Düsseldorf and Prague. We wanted to have cities that we hadn't worked with before and tried to give a nice selection from east to west and also have different landscapes with either sea close by or a river running through the city.

I really hope you will enjoy the campaign as well!

Just when I have started on a huge american styled city in the map editor ;)

Still, this is great. Although 30 buildings don't sound like a lot (the current amount of buildings tend to be monotonous now and then), in addition to the current buildings its a great expansion. And there's a CHURCH! Thank you CO! :)

Hello CO,
as a huge fan of Cities in Motion, I appreciate your efforts!
But...hey..these are the buildings from the original game. It is nothing new..
Where are the airports, train stations?
I am a BIG HUGE fan of the first game, but I have to admit that I have only 2-3 hours total play of the Cities in Motion 2. Unfortunately still not reached what the first game is.
But beside of this - I like CO a lot and I believe you will develop the game further.