• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OfficerFancy

Recruit
52 Badges
Jun 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
So I was starting my own PMD game as Germany. I formed Germany and after three long wars, I own most of eastern France. However, there is an issue. Every 3-6 months in game, a MASSIVE rebellion breaks out. Mostly consisting of French Patriots and Jacobins. I have selected the reform titled 'Universal Voting' in hope that I do not have to endure countless revolutions. This same thing happened in my vanilla Victoria 2 game as Germany. Both times these unprecedented rebels uprise around the same time period. (1880-1905) Any help at all?

the french rebels are understandable. If anything I think there need to be MORE nationalist revolts, especially in Africa. I agree though there are too many ideological rebels. a 2 million man revolt in my UK is just disheartening. maybe in V3 we could see more prerequisites to revolution, like WE or something. I just have a feeling these kind of rebellions wer not common in stable countries.

the french rebels are understandable. If anything I think there need to be MORE nationalist revolts, especially in Africa. I agree though there are too many ideological rebels. a 2 million man revolt in my UK is just disheartening. maybe in V3 we could see more prerequisites to revolution, like WE or something. I just have a feeling these kind of rebellions wer not common in stable countries.
The problem with UK (and Netherlands) is that the size of their colonial empire makes it difficult to generate sufficient suppression points to suppress the other movements when passing a reform, thus radicalizing them for passing the wrong reform.

The problem with UK (and Netherlands) is that the size of their colonial empire makes it difficult to generate sufficient suppression points to suppress the other movements when passing a reform, thus radicalizing them for passing the wrong reform.

Hi EUnderhill,
Can you refresh my memory on how suppression point work again? TBH, I have never use it at all. Does it work the same in vanilla and POD? Thank you.

Keep taxes low, and if your government type lets you pick parties, choose a conservative party to run the government. Conservative parties tend to have the most support, and pops will become angry if their preferred party isn't in power.

EDIT: If you're playing the Pop Demand Mod, then you should be posting this in that forum instead of the main one.

Hi EUnderhill,
Can you refresh my memory on how suppression point work again? TBH, I have never use it at all. Does it work the same in vanilla and POD? Thank you.
First I have to refresh my own memory - I know more or less what is going on, but with a tolerance of "-ish".