• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Off to a good start!

Chapter 2 - Birth of a Nation​

Despite the recent war to separate ourselves from the Yankees, the Confederate States are still dependent on the North for goods shipped from the Pacific. We must correct this by purchasing a Pacific port of our own.

-Confederate Senator Harry Turtledove

32zopzc.jpg

Confederate citizens flock to the streets, waving the Stars and Bars, celebrating the independence of Dixieland.

5tuwif.jpg

The Confederacy has claimed several border states. This, combined with the US claims on the Confederacy, make war seem inevitable in the eyes of many.

2yz0nlw.jpg

The Mexican provinces of Sonora and Chihuahua are purchased from Mexico.

2s61y6e.jpg

President Davis releases the Confederate Declaration of Independence to the public.

igmans.jpg

New Orleans is well on its way to becoming the 'Jewel of the South'.

wbap7r.jpg

The CSA is considered a Great Power of the world.

f03dqo.jpg

Egypt grants excavation permits to the Confederate States for the Valley of the Kings.

14tbipg.jpg

The first elections of the CSA are held.

9ibrko.jpg

In renewed negotiations for the border between Canada in the USA, the Americans cede land to the British.

121d54l.jpg

The Whigs remain in power.

mwzais.jpg

With the end of the truce with the Yankees close to ending, the Confederate reserves are mobilized.

dw6y5t.jpg

Less than a month after the end of the truce, the Confederacy declares war on the United States, in hopes of resolving several territorial disputes between the two nations.

Reactions:
Crush the FSA! Wait.....

Confederate Senator Turtledove...I can see that. :rolleyes:

And is there actually some event that lets you purchase northern Mexico, or did you have to do a bit of modding? Because the Confederacy making territorial gains in South and Central America was always one of the more ASBatshit insane parts of Turtledove's doorstoppers to me.

To war!

Confederate Senator Turtledove...I can see that. :rolleyes:

And is there actually some event that lets you purchase northern Mexico, or did you have to do a bit of modding? Because the Confederacy making territorial gains in South and Central America was always one of the more ASBatshit insane parts of Turtledove's doorstoppers to me.

That event is the creation of the Freedom and Chains modmod, which you can find in the Pop Demand Mod subforum.

An aggressive CSA? That's new, always is it that the US declares war first. Exciting!

I figured that it was either weaken the Yanks as much as possible while I can still beat them, or be destroyed later on.

Chapter 3 - The Second War Between the States​

Our flag is proudly floating on the land and on the main,
Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!
Beneath it oft we've conquered, and we'll conquer oft again!
Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!

-The Battle Cry of Freedom, Confederate version

[video=youtube;R3me6ifiaNY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3me6ifiaNY[/video]​

24ytvzm.jpg

General Lee's forces go on the offensive, defeating a Northern army in Washington, DC, albeit at the cost of many good Southern lives.

28l56w9.jpg

A Confederate expedition is sent to the Nile, in hopes of finding the source.

1zw164o.jpg

oizr5t.jpg

2rg2pa8.jpg

Over a series of battles, the Yankees lose their main army in the East.

2wnd2r9.jpg

Washington DC is captured, and this time, the Confederacy aims to keep it. Washington was from Virginia, after all!

33ccjrt.jpg

A marauding Northern army is defeated.

2lbztf.jpg

The whole of Maryland and Delaware are occupied by Confederate authorities.

9st0jq.jpg

Mexico is placed firmly in the Confederate sphere of influence.

mszwug.jpg

xn4y7q.jpg

23l1kx4.jpg

Philadelphia, New York, and Boston fall in quick succession.

29d8zuh.jpg

Faced with defeat on all fronts, the USA capitulates, and cedes all of the disputed border states to the Confederacy.

---------------------------------------------------------

There was a distinct lack of resistance in this war, so I loaded up as the USA after the war to find out where their troops were. It turns out that Alaska is SO important that the USA needs more than 30 divisions to defend it.

This looms cool. I hope you crush the French though. Those bastards.

I'm confused. I thought you couldn't ask for the enemy capital in a peace deal. Also, what's the new capital of the United States?

I'd imagine it'd be Philadelphia, but with this game, you never know.