• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Space Voyager

Recruit
Aug 21, 2011
I love the game so far and I also love the permadeath and the whole roguelike aspect of it. I do think that you guys went just a little too far with it though.

I'll try to state my case; I'm a father of three young children and playing games (at all) is a luxury I don't get to experience often lately. Anyway, playing for extended periods of time is a no-go. So the problem I have with Teleglitch is that the game won't save your progress at the exit from the game, only at the end of level. This save is deleted if you continue playing or when you re-enter the game. So if you need to exit the game RIGHT NOW, your whole progress is lost. Whole. Not from the beginning of the level, whole.

So, the reason for posting this thread is a plea, on my knees, kneeling on sharp stones and all, PLEASE make the game save at exit, please! As the game has a cloud-save (or so I read at Steam), this couldn't be exploited and the saving at the end of level would be unnecessary.

Is there any chance of getting such a hugely cool feature?

Oh, BTW, does saving the game in the cloud demand Steam to be on-line? I've already seen that off-line play won't show the correct statistics at the end of level (number of mutants killed is zero and so forth).

That would indeed be a great addition.

Don't take my word as official but i think this issue has already be stated and it's impossible right now to add such a function.
It's a core code stuff ( i think i remember reading one of the dev' stated that he can't make that change cause of some choices he won't ever make concerning the code/language/programing stuff or something ^^ ), we'll have to wait for Teleglitch 2 for that unfortunately.

On the bright side, once you get used to the game you can play through one level reasonably fast, maybe 30/40 min even less but i like to take time/scout everything i can.