• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
This is the tool that generates this documentation. Feel free to use it for mods - but be warned, it produces nearly 20 MB of HTML files for an average mod.

It also includes a fair bit of error checking along the way, so it will probably come in handy even for those who don't want to publish documentation.

Attachments: FTG_Event_Doc.zip is the actual program. FTG_Event_Doc_Code.zip is the Java source code for those who want to make changes or are curious how it works (it's actually very close to the game's event parsing code, though I wrote it before beginning FTG).

2/17/14: Fixed issue where generator would treat "isvassal = no" and "isoverlord = no" as positive instead of negative.

Attachments

• FTG_Event_Doc.zip
    149,5 KB · Views: 69
  • FTG_Event_Doc_Code.zip
    63,8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
What is the difference between the two zip files?

When I tried to unzip them with the free Peazip program I got an overwrite warning because Peazip tried to unzip both files into the same "FtG_Event_Doc" directory, ignoring the _Code part of the second zip files name. And both zip files contain files with the same name, e.g. agceep.bat

Do the contents of both files belong into two seperate directories and peazip wrongly ignores the different ending of the name of the 2nd file?
Or do both belong into 1 directory and there are files doubly present in both files?

Last edited:
The _code file is only useful if you want to make changes to the generator itself. Yes, they can be unzipped safely into the same directory; the supporting files are included in both so that either can stand alone.

Fixed a bug with isvassal and isoverlord triggers.

This is a really great tool for Gameplay and correcting events (you see, which Events are'nt triggerd and whre no monarchs/leaders with the right id-number are existing), it needs only one correction:
- The inflation-trigger requires for 5% "inflation = 0.05", but this is wrong - if you want a trigger for 5% inflation, than you have to write "inflation = 5", as it is with badboy etc.

Additional you have to note, that you should use the normale batch-doc for usage as example, not the one of AGCEEP, because with "dist" after "-jar" it doesn't work. I had for example the following writing, when I worked on a ressuraction of the old EU2-MES-mod:

@Rem This will not work unless you customize it first (see Usage.txt).
java -jar FTG_Event_Doc.jar -f "Db\events.txt" -x "German" -b "C:\...\_For the glory (ergaenztes Original)" -m "FTG_mes-0.35a_erg" -t "MES Event Documentation: %s" 1>MES_output.txt 2>&1
pause

This worked fine.

Sorry for my bad English and thank you for the great Online-Event-Documentation!